Question about the Sun - Blue Lagoon?

terrymtex01

Ok.. we were looking at the Sun's info today on NCL.com trying to figure out what is the Sun's version of the Blue Lagoon. Now you would think, having been on there, we would know, but we can't figure it out. We both remember going to the Sports Bar a few times and having drinks and a limited choice of snacks, but I am sure that can't be it. Where would you go to get snacks on the Sun like you would on other NCL ships if you wanted something like Blue Lagoon when the other dining rooms are closed?

PS. I do remember the great hamburgers they had at the Great Outdoors Cafe.. but I still don't think this is what I'm looking for.

Ok.. we were looking at the Sun's info today on NCL.com trying to figure out what is the Sun's version of the Blue Lagoon. Now you would think, having been on there, we would know, but we can't figure it out. We both remember going to the Sports Bar a few times and having drinks and a limited choice of snacks, but I am sure that can't be it. Where would you go to get snacks on the Sun like you would on other NCL ships if you wanted something like Blue Lagoon when the other dining rooms are closed?

PS. I do remember the great hamburgers they had at the Great Outdoors Cafe.. but I still don't think this is what I'm looking for.

That would be the Sports Bar! one of my favorite places on hte Sun!

That would be the Sports Bar! one of my favorite places on hte Sun!

We thought that was probably it, and we enjoyed our time in there as well. It's just for some reason my memory was it was a much more restrictive menu that the Blue Lagoon. Is my memory off? (Believe me.. that is entirely possible..lol).

Meatloaf, chicken wings, tenders, fish & chips, some kind of cheesecake, burger, hot dog (i think), and a few other things. I don't know if that is fewer offerings than the Blue Lagoon, but it certianly was enough for us. You might be confused as it is NOT 23 hour service, but rather 5:30 pm - 5:00 am so just for night time eating. :D

Meatloaf, chicken wings, tenders, fish & chips, some kind of cheesecake, burger, hot dog (i think), and a few other things. I don't know if that is fewer offerings than the Blue Lagoon, but it certianly was enough for us. You might be confused as it is NOT 23 hour service, but rather 5:30 pm - 5:00 am so just for night time eating. :D
Yep, that is about all they have. Sure missed the breakfasts in Blue Lagoon when we were on the Sun, but having the omelet station in Pacific Heights (now Moderno Churrascaria at night) almost made up for no Blue Lagoon.

i dont remember meatloaf:confused:we were on the Sun in Dec

LOVED the Sports Bar--missed the Blue Lagoon but this was fun, actually way BETTER than the "new" Blue Lagoon on the STAR....we missed the

SPORTS BAR on the STAR--our OLD fav was the OLD Blue Lagoon on the STAR our NEW FAV--the SPORTS BAR on the SUN:D!!!!

That actually doesn't sound like that bad of a menu. I do remember, now that you mention it, that we would go there for a snack whenever the outdoor burger deal was closed and I believe it shut down at 5. Honestly, it may have been the same exact menu back then and I just don't remember it. I do remember what an enjoyable space the Sports Bar was. Also.. I know I will miss Pacific Heights as I thought the food in there was incredible.. even though it was their "healthy alternative".. YUMMMM. I did have the meatloaf in there and it was delicious.

I don't recall there being meatloaf on the Sports Bar menu either...but the wings were yummy.

I agree with you regarding Pacific Heights - Mike and I LOVED the chimicurri steak and the thai soup - sorry we won't get to enjoy either of them again, but I am looking forward to trying Milano.

For whoever said they thought they had hot dogs, they do with chili if you ask.

i dont remember meatloaf:confused:we were on the Sun in Dec

LOVED the Sports Bar--missed the Blue Lagoon but this was fun, actually way BETTER than the "new" Blue Lagoon on the STAR....we missed the

SPORTS BAR on the STAR--our OLD fav was the OLD Blue Lagoon on the STAR our NEW FAV--the SPORTS BAR on the SUN:D!!!!

I will half way agree with you as far as Blue Lagoon on the Star...LOL. For people watching the old BL was fantastic. But, it was almost uncomfortable for me to sit at the little tables on those stool things they had and I always felt crowded there. For comfort, I like the new location, but you sure don't get to do the people watching of the old location.. 8-)

I don't recall there being meatloaf on the Sports Bar menu either...but the wings were yummy.

I agree with you regarding Pacific Heights - Mike and I LOVED the chimicurri steak and the thai soup - sorry we won't get to enjoy either of them again, but I am looking forward to trying Milano.

For whoever said they thought they had hot dogs, they do with chili if you ask.

We are looking forward to trying the new place as well. My FAV on the Sun was Teppanyaki, however it was so rocky the two nights we ate there I literally had to use one hand to hold onto the table while we ate.. LOL.

We enjoyed the sports bar last summer a lot. Great bar servers in there knew our names and our preferences. June and Maxi - great guys. We did have fish and chips there one night instead of dinner as we were too busy watching sport (the world cup was on), we also had wings there and cheesecake I think, my memory is going...

I will half way agree with you as far as Blue Lagoon on the Star...LOL. For people watching the old BL was fantastic. But, it was almost uncomfortable for me to sit at the little tables on those stool things they had and I always felt crowded there. For comfort, I like the new location, but you sure don't get to do the people watching of the old location.. 8-)

it LOST its CHARM and UNIQUENESS...we rarely ate there last month and were in there with others who had been on the STAR several times and we were all saying the same thing...just NOT the same and now like all the others:(

but now we have the Sports Bar to look forward to in Dec

there was this BIG RUSSIAN guy in there who treated hubby very well last Dec!!!

I could be wrong about the meatloaf. I thought there was something a more 'homey' 'homelike' 'homemade' as one of the entrees, so I thought it was meatloaf. It could be my brain is blowing a fuse, and since it was waaaay back in Oct. I'm sure I have! (Got upcoming vacations on the brain right now :D)

Archived