Bringing Soda on Board RCCL

:mad: I just got off the phone after being transfered to four different departments at RCCL. On our last cruise they took my case of soda out of my suitcase and never returned it. I found a note in my bag saying that it would be returned but no one knew where it was when we left. I have contacted them twice (email) with no response. I'm going on a cruise next month and asked them today why in the cruise docs it says nothing about bringing water or soda on the ship, it even states that they might check it if brought on for alcohol. No one would give me a good reason it isn't in the docs and they wouldn't let me talk to a manager, they would talk to them for me, and they wouldn't even credit me with the cost of my soda on the next trip. How cheap can they get?

All they would say it's on their web site.

This diamond member needs to find a new cruiseline. :p

It says rights on RCI's website that you are prohibited from bringing on board any beverages. You honestly would change cruise lines over this? :confused:

Here is the verbiage from the web site:

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

It says rights on RCI's website that you are prohibited from bringing on board any beverages. You honestly would change cruise lines over this? :confused:

Here is the verbiage from the web site:

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

I think the OP has a valid argument. If this is not written in the cruise docs anywhere, then why is it deemed against the rules?? What percentage of people read the RCCL website before they go on their cruise? I would guess a pretty small percentage.

Now, I am not agreeing with OP that this is a reason to find a new cruiseline, but honestly, if it doesn't talk about it in the docs, why confiscate it??

:mad: I just got off the phone after being transfered to four different departments at RCCL. On our last cruise they took my case of soda out of my suitcase and never returned it. I found a note in my bag saying that it would be returned but no one knew where it was when we left. I have contacted them twice (email) with no response. I'm going on a cruise next month and asked them today why in the cruise docs it says nothing about bringing water or soda on the ship, it even states that they might check it if brought on for alcohol. No one would give me a good reason it isn't in the docs and they wouldn't let me talk to a manager, they would talk to them for me, and they wouldn't even credit me with the cost of my soda on the next trip. How cheap can they get?

And your post is about?

We were on the Voyager in December out of Galveston. They had seized our luggage and left us a message in our stateroom. So, we had to go down stairs on the evening that we boarded -- as they found the bottle of wine in our luggage. It was delivered back to us on the final evening of the cruise -- and we proceeded to drink it as we packed! But, they were taking water and cokes - as they had people to open their luggage. Most people were very upset. Then in the next room - they were taking irons from suitcases, but I think they delivered them the final evening also.

This must be a new policy. We have always brought on some sodas and nothing was ever said. We did not pack it in our suitcases, but carried it on.

It's not really new. The policy has been around for awhile and it appears that it is being enforced.

You have to be kidding right? I think you are the pot calling the kettle black "Cheap"?

Archived