Rhapsody of the Seas Stateroom query

We are currently booked for interior stateroom no. 8535 on Rhapsody of the Seas for our first cruise in Jan 12. I have been checking prices on the RCL website tonight and have noticed that we can get superior interior 8527 at a cost of an extra $170 each (twin share). I noticed that the difference in cabin size is about 30 sq. ft but also the cabin lays across the ship rather than from front to back. Can others who have cruised on Rhapsody give me any advice as to whether it is worth paying the extra for this stateroom. It is not in our budget to look at an outside or balcony stateroom so just trying to get the best value for our money for an interior. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Hi,

When we went on the Rhapsody we had a superior interior. It was great. Friends had the other, which went from front to back in layout, and for us it seemed an odd layout. In their cabin you basically walked in and the bed was right in your face, whereas in ours we had to walk past the bathroom and small 'lounge' area before getting to the bed, and my first thought was 'wow, this is tiny'. My personal opinion is to go for the Superior if you can afford it....but remember you don't spend much time in the cabin, just for sleep really, so in that case the basic inside would be ok. I much prefer to sleep with the bed facing across the ship, motion wise. The Rhapsody is a great ship, and you are guaranteed a good time. Fantastic crew, great food in comparison to some others.....I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again.

Jen

Hi, we have sailed on Rhapsody twice, the first time in a 135 sq foot interior, the second in the largest interior. In both instances we were shocked how tiny the rooms are compared to other ships we had been on! Especially with an interior you are hardly in your cabin - just to sleep, shower and change, so I don't think spending the extra money would be worth it. You can spend that $170 each on cocktails, or massages or other things. If there were 4 of you sharing the cabin, I would pay for the larger room, but just for a couple, the smallest interior is OK. A balcony room would be different as you are going to be spending a lot more time in your room and using the balcony. Hope you have a wonderful cruise, whatever you decide, Rhapsody is a very nice ship.

I stayed in a similar front to back cabin to 8535 (but on level 7) and thought it was fine, particularly with storage space. TV viewing was poorly arranged, but difficult due to the layout of the room (not that I used it much, but it wasn't in a good position if you wanted to). Aside from that, no issues. For an extra $340, I'd save the money unless there's a particular reason you e.g. want more space.

We were on Rhapsody Dec/Jan and had a large interior. This was our first time on RCCL, previously P&O and Princess. There were 4 of us (2 adults and 2 teenagers) when I first saw the room I thought how tiny it was, the smallest cabin I had ever seen.. lol... then we went to friends cabin who had normal interior and I didnt think it was possible but their's was even smaller.... friends only had 2 in cabin so that was ok.... So, if there is only 2 of you (sorry couldnt remember what you said) you will be ok, save money I guess..... Be warned though they are very very small....no fridge even, I imagine if there was a fridge the cabin area would seem even smaller... We managed fine as we only really slept there and kids were back at staggered times (after us usually lol) Fiona:)

We are currently booked for interior stateroom no. 8535 on Rhapsody of the Seas for our first cruise in Jan 12. I have been checking prices on the RCL website tonight and have noticed that we can get superior interior 8527 at a cost of an extra $170 each (twin share). I noticed that the difference in cabin size is about 30 sq. ft but also the cabin lays across the ship rather than from front to back. Can others who have cruised on Rhapsody give me any advice as to whether it is worth paying the extra for this stateroom. It is not in our budget to look at an outside or balcony stateroom so just trying to get the best value for our money for an interior. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

My first time on Rhapsody I was in Cabin 8035 which is basically back to back with yours, they are small cabins but we only slept and showered in it so it did the job, Rhapsody has the smallest cabins I've been in but a great ship.

Archived