BAJA DECK staterooms on Caribbean Princess

Luv2Cruz11

Hi all!

Has anyone stayed in an oceanview balcony room on the Baja Deck?

If so, where was it? How was it? Any suggestions? Pictures? Reviews?

Also, how are the sleeping quarters for the 3rd & 4th people in these rooms?

Thanks so much everyone!

Also, any other info you have is greatly appreciated!!!

We were on Baja, midship. The balcony has a small table with two chairs and is a covered balcony. We were a family of three and the upper berth came down from the ceiling. Do ask your room steward for egg crate mattress toppers. They have them also for the upper berth. We found the cabin fine, with alot of storage space.

We were on Baja, midship. The balcony has a small table with two chairs and is a covered balcony. We were a family of three and the upper berth came down from the ceiling. Do ask your room steward for egg crate mattress toppers. They have them also for the upper berth. We found the cabin fine, with alot of storage space.

Thanks for the "heads up" about the egg crate mattress toppers! Didn't even know they had those available!! ;)

Do you know if rollaway cots are provided in the room or do you have to request them? Anyone know how that works?:confused:

Egg crate matress covers are just foam like sheets. You can request your steward to put them on when you board. It makes your bed feel softer. Another thing about the balconies, you can look down on all the uncovered balconies!

I am hearing different things all over.

So, some Baja Deck Oceanview balcony rooms have 2 upper beds? Or do they only have one upper bed and a rollaway?

I tried to contact Princess about this, and the rep wasn't sure about the sleeping arrangements, but said she was positive the room would fit four people sleeping in it.

:confused:

Look on the deck plans for your cabin. If you see a triangle beside the cabin #, the cabin has two lower and one upper berth while the 4th person will require the roll-away bed. If you see a red dot beside the cabin #, the cabin has two lower and two upper berths.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in Balcony Cabin #250 on Baja Deck. Lovely Room with covered balcony. We had heard about the foam mattress toppers after We booked our Feb. Cruise again from the Cruise Critic site. We were told to call Princess Guest Services and request this topper and You can also request Feather Pillows. I requested both and had to follow up with a FAX. Princess gave me the number and when I arrived on 2/26 both were on Our bed. What a difference in sleeping. So comfortable! Just an extra perk. Not everyone knows about this. I have been a repeat cruiser with Princess, this last cruise being #14 and nobody from Princess clued me in or My Travel Agent. That is why I love "Cruise Critic"!

IKE,

I am going on this ship and will be in B250 on 10/8/05. Actually, we have a few balcony cabins in a row and the inside cabins across the hall. We also have a few balconies on the other side of the ship down the other end. Did you get the robes and fruit in the cabin?

Laurie

IKE,

I am going on this ship and will be in B250 on 10/8/05. Actually, we have a few balcony cabins in a row and the inside cabins across the hall. We also have a few balconies on the other side of the ship down the other end. Did you get the robes and fruit in the cabin?

Laurie

We'll be in B246 on 10/22/05; is that one you'll have in your row? Can't wait to see it in person!

Kellie in Texas

Most of our group will be on Baja deck on the 9/24/05 CP sailing.

None of us have sailed Princess before, and it wonderful to hear your stories and see your pictures.

Thank you to all who have posted and all who will post. Any info you can share is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Kellie in Texas.... yes we have the 3 in a row (mine is 250) we have a few down the other end on the other side (believe they are b730ish balconies--don't have the actual numbers)and we have couple of inside cabins across from mine and also across from the 700 block. Would love to see pictures of the cabins before we go, but if not I will try to post some when I get back (10/8/05 cruise date)

There are four of us booked in a Aloha balcony room on the Caribbean Princess and according to the book our room is for 3... :confused:

According to Princess and our travel agent they will bring a rollaway bed for the 4th berth in the room.

I am interested to see how this will work... :rolleyes: The rooms aren't that big to start with then to add a rollaway... :eek:

Please post if someone has actually had a rollaway in a balcony cabin on the Caribbean Princess.

Archived