What new ships do you expect/want to be based in 2013/14 season

The 2012/13 season in australia is set to be one of the best ever, with 4 large new ships including, celebrity solstice, carnival spirit, voyager of the seas and the oosterdan.

So which ships do you expect or want to come to australia 2013/14 season

The 2012/13 season in australia is set to be one of the best ever, with 4 large new ships including, celebrity solstice, carnival spirit, voyager of the seas and the oosterdan.

So which ships do you expect or want to come to australia 2013/14 season

I would like "new" ships, but not "large" ships........some of the huge ships are just not my cup of tea. Takes forever to get to know your way around, you never get to meet the same people twice, and in my opinion just huge floating hotels. Just my opinion.

Also looks like Sea Princess will be based in Australia permanently from late 2012 as it is scheduled for cruises ex Australia right up to May 2013 and no return cruise is shown as yet back to USA/Canada .

I expect one of the three Oz-based Princess ships to be transferred to

P & O Australia so that Paciic Sun can at last be sold off. I expect either Sapphire or Diamond Princess to be transferred from the US Princess roster to the Oz-based roster.

Its also worth noting that even the premium lines are having short season here over 2012/13. Crystal is doing a couple of cruises including a very unusual Adelaide to Brisbane cruise. Silversea, Seabourn and Regent Seven Seas are all doing a least one or two Sydney - Auckland ro Auckland - Sydney cruises. I'd love to see a longer season here by one of the premium ships, and maybe a few more cruises that go up to Asia, maybe ex Brisbane. All the current East Coast - Asia cuises are far too long for anyone but retirees.

Is it Just me, or would anyone else like to see P&O get a brand new ship, with the recent announcements for newbuilds with Costa, Princess, Aida and P&O Uk, i just feel P&O is missing out, i think Australia could benefit from a large ship designed especially from Australia being based here year round.

Is it Just me, or would anyone else like to see P&O get a brand new ship, with the recent announcements for newbuilds with Costa, Princess, Aida and P&O Uk, i just feel P&O is missing out, i think Australia could benefit from a large ship designed especially from Australia being based here year round.

I would love for Australia to get a brand new ship, however, I wouldn't necessarily want a large ship. Some of the new ships just seem like floating shopping malls to me and I think they would lose a bit of the magic of sea travel.

P & O Australia is not one of the Carnival Groups prestige brands like Holland America or Princess so it would be most unlikely to get a new vessel .

Best P & O Australia would be likely to get is a hand me down from P & O UK or Costa .

From an efficiency point of view in simplicity of operation Princess would most likely head for SUN, DAWN & SEA all to be Australian based . Simpler for provedoring, staffing, services provided, spares , maintenance etc .

Irrespective of brand Europe and America get the new build vessels and then a cascade takes place with Asia and Australia getting the hand me downs .

Agree P & O Australia need some younger vessels, their existing fleet you can refurbish and tart up old vessels so much, but they are still old vessels; and in the Australian market place with more lines here - old vessels are not very competitive .

Finally it is surprising that NCL is the only major brand name not in Australian waters even seasonally .

I would like to see Azamara as they are a medium size ship that could dock at more ports than larger ships. This would also mean getting into more intimate ports.

It would also cancel out the angst about gratuities (which have been debated the last couple of weeks), as gratuities and most drinks are included.

Our cruise on the PG was all inclusive and this alleviates many concerns so to speak.:rolleyes:

Archived