Clipper Adventurer January 13, 2012

Queen of DaNile

• 3 months later...

While I am not on your adventure; I am trying to plan a trip to the Antartic for 2013. I would really appreciate if you would post some of your trip either during or after. Seeing reviews with details such as the life on the ship and excursions will help me (and I bet others) decide what type of adventure they want to take. Have a great time.

• 1 month later...

Welcome home, QofDN, So glad to hear your cruise was was. Looking forward to your review. Of our 17 days we had 16 zodiac rides/landings, including stepping foot on Elephant Island. Spectacular trip. We also had swells when we left South Georgia and definitely the Drake Lake. How lucky for us!!!

Beth - Wasn't that great to land on Elephant Island? It was the first time for one of our guides who is a HUGE Shackleton admirer and has been by Point Wild many times but never when there were good landing conditions. Definitely a high point of the trip for many of us.

The Drake was a piece of cake - we were very lucky with weather with the exception of a bit of swell when leaving South Georgia. Twenty seven landings in all!!! Hope to get a review up-our excellent ship and staff deserve it.

That is a lot of landings! We had swells between the Falklands and South Georgia and Drake Lake!

Archived