Dawn's New SJ Suite Photo's

cruiser1955a

Just off the Dawn today. WOW !!! The new SJ suites are stunning. If you are on the fence, wondering whether to give up a balcony for one of these suites, GO FOR IT. The "Wall of Windows" provides views that you will never get to see from inside a balcony room.

Here's some photo's:

HPIM0486.jpg

HPIM0487.jpg

HPIM0488.jpg

HPIM0489.jpg

I have to bookmark this because people are always asking about these suites, I LOVE them, try to describe, etc. But these are perfect!

And that's my favorite men's room! :D

Just a short walk up the stairs, or elevator ride up 1 deck, there's an outside deck called "The Quiet Zone". It has lounge chairs in the shade & sun. It's not your own private deck, but it's very close & peaceful. A few steps from there is a 10 person hot tub, almost as far forward on the bow that you can get. The whole new deck 12 section is very quiet, as is the whole deck 13 above it.

I wrestled over giving up a private balcony. The second I walked into this suite, there was no doubt that I'd made the right choice. 400+ square feet of heaven, with a view that begs you to spend more time in your cabin. And a bathroom that is spacious & beautiful. I'm a convert. I will always choose this suite over any balcony cabin or suite (and I even toured 2 of the new DOS suites this morning.....1 br corner, and 2br center). I'd still choose the SJ over those.

These suites are offered for a very good price on our upcoming cruise. I think they are beautiful, with stunning vistas, however, I Love a balcony...

I want my fresh air! :D

I'm with you but I think if we ever did Alaska or another "cold" cruise OR we took if we took our toddler along.

They ARE beautiful tho'

The color scheme on Dawn looks different than Star's. Is it? I think I like Dawn's better.

:)

These have darker carpets and chair coverings. I like the contrasts more than the Star's color scheme. And I like the arms on the sofa & chairs, which the Star does not have. I also like the padded bench at the foot of the bed better than the 2 cubes on the Star. It was helpful for changing, unpacking, packing, etc. But I'd sail in the Star SJ's in a heartbeat too.

I'm with you but I think if we ever did Alaska or another "cold" cruise OR we took if we took our toddler along.

They ARE beautiful tho'

I must have repeated this 20 times on the cruise....."This suite would be spectacular on an Alaskan cruise". Panama canal would be nice too ! The views make any location more memorable, if you can part with a balcony.

Just a short walk up the stairs, or elevator ride up 1 deck, there's an outside deck called "The Quiet Zone". It has lounge chairs in the shade & sun. It's not your own private deck, but it's very close & peaceful. A few steps from there is a 10 person hot tub, almost as far forward on the bow that you can get. The whole new deck 12 section is very quiet, as is the whole deck 13 above it.

Does the Star have The Quiet Zone, too?

We are booked on the 2/26/2012 10-day sailing of the Dawn to the Southern Caribbean. We'll be 2 adults, 2 kids in this suite. Is it possible to upgrade at the last minute if balcony suites are still available? We thought that a $1,600 balcony premium was steep - hence our decision to go with the SJ.

Thanks for posting these photos. It has been difficult finding good photos since these suites are so new.

voyager-of-the-seas

OceanDreaming2....

I don't know whether the Star has a "quiet zone". The Dawn has a sign posted (quiet zone) in this area. However, the Star has the same deck area. It's away from the pool & noise. It's not heavily traveled, but there are people passing thru on their way to, and from the loungers on the bow, which are set up stadium style (also a very quiet area, other than the sound of the ocean). I'm sure that it's the same peaceful area on the Star, whether it's marked "quiet zone" or not.

Homeschool'n....

You can absolutely upgrade to a family balcony any time, but it may not be discounted as much as the SJ's because most people really want a balcony. I think the SJ's have been discounted so much recently because they're new, and people are reluctant to book a non-balcony cabin. I probably have ruined it for any chance of my getting such a good deal in the future, with these pictures and descriptions of how beautiful it was. But I'm not one who likes to lounge on my balcony for long periods. When the "smoking only on balcony" policy goes into effect in January, balcony cabins may sell out even faster.

Your pictures made us do it. Thanks!!!

You're going to love it, I promise.

If you haven't seen it already, there's a youtube video (NCL FAMILY SUITE) which shows one of these suites on the Star. The furniture & decor is a little different, but the rooms are the same. This video sold us on an upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...
Just off the Dawn today. WOW !!! The new SJ suites are stunning. If you are on the fence, wondering whether to give up a balcony for one of these suites, GO FOR IT. The "Wall of Windows" provides views that you will never get to see from inside a balcony room.

Here's some photo's:

HPIM0486.jpg

HPIM0487.jpg

HPIM0488.jpg

HPIM0489.jpg

Great pictures, which SJ was this? Are they all the same? We are trying to decide which one to book for next summer.

Great pictures, which SJ was this? Are they all the same? We are trying to decide which one to book for next summer.

This is 12008. We also had 12010 next door. Both were identical, not mirror images. Both had the bed facing forward. If you prefer an aft facing bed, 12006 was a mirror image of ours. Otherwise they're all identical.

Archived