Dawn's New SJ Suite Photo's

cruiser1955a

We we in Dawn 12030 and the bed did not separate. Our butler and steward said none of the deck 12 suite beds separated. This suite does not have a Murphy bed either so it's just the fold out bed as an option and they are not the most comfortable - too many sections.

I did spot the November posts saying which suite numbers the pictures were of. We are on the other side a couple of doors down.

I believe our cabin does have a murphy bed so we'll try that if the queen bed can't be separated as advertised on NCL's website. I agree that suites should have this option. At the least NCL should clarify on their deck plans if there are family suites on the Dawn that have beds like the owners suites and penthouses that can't be separated.

Any chance anyone has a picture of a Dawn SJ suite on Deck 12 with the bed made into two beds or with the murphy bed down?

I did spot the November posts saying which suite numbers the pictures were of. We are on the other side a couple of doors down.

I believe our cabin does have a murphy bed so we'll try that if the queen bed can't be separated as advertised on NCL's website. I agree that suites should have this option. At the least NCL should clarify on their deck plans if there are family suites on the Dawn that have beds like the owners suites and penthouses that can't be separated.

Any chance anyone has a picture of a Dawn SJ suite on Deck 12 with the bed made into two beds or with the murphy bed down?

The pictures were 12008. We also had 12010. Both had the Murphy bed. I didn't ask to have the bed separated, but I noticed that the bedside table closest to the slide out wall is fastened to the wall and can't be moved. This would mean that to separate them you would have to move the other bedside table, and one bed would be right against the wall.

I assumed that they'd separate, but now that you mention it, I didn't notice a seam in the mattress. Mine are still the only pictures I've seen of the Dawn SJ suites. I've seen a few pictures of the Star suites (and a youtube video), but none with the bed separated. The Star SJ's have 2 separate cube cabinets at the foot of the bed, while the Dawn has one long bench cabinet. Maybe the Star beds separate, and the Dawn's don't. Not sure.

Just a short walk up the stairs, or elevator ride up 1 deck, there's an outside deck called "The Quiet Zone". It has lounge chairs in the shade & sun. It's not your own private deck, but it's very close & peaceful. A few steps from there is a 10 person hot tub, almost as far forward on the bow that you can get. The whole new deck 12 section is very quiet, as is the whole deck 13 above it.

I wrestled over giving up a private balcony. The second I walked into this suite, there was no doubt that I'd made the right choice. 400+ square feet of heaven, with a view that begs you to spend more time in your cabin. And a bathroom that is spacious & beautiful. I'm a convert. I will always choose this suite over any balcony cabin or suite (and I even toured 2 of the new DOS suites this morning.....1 br corner, and 2br center). I'd still choose the SJ over those.

Love it! Is the 10 person hot tub family friendly or is it in the adukts only section?

We booked one of these new suites (an SA, Deluxe Owner's Suite) for our Alaska cruise on the Star and loved it! It had 270 degree floor to ceiling views which were perfect for Alaska. My wife really loved the cabin and the space afforded in it. We even initially booked it for our upcoming cruise on the Dawn (same cabin too) but rethought the idea of not having a balcony for the Western Carribean so we switched to the OS. The DOS was even cheaper than the OS, but we loved the OS layout and since the Dawn and Star don't have a Haven, it doesn't really matter where you have your suite.

Archived