Dawn's New SJ Suite Photo's

cruiser1955a

This is 12008. We also had 12010 next door. Both were identical, not mirror images. Both had the bed facing forward. If you prefer an aft facing bed, 12006 was a mirror image of ours. Otherwise they're all identical.

Thanks. I am looking at that area but a bit further back, 12016, 12018 or the other side.

This is 12008. We also had 12010 next door. Both were identical, not mirror images. Both had the bed facing forward. If you prefer an aft facing bed, 12006 was a mirror image of ours. Otherwise they're all identical.

Finally figured out why your photos looked different.

D.W.s B.F.F. was in 12510 port side . Great place to chill.

Real nice views upon arrival in BMD as port side was Island side.

Finally figured out why your photos looked different.

D.W.s B.F.F. was in 12510 port side . Great place to chill.

Real nice views upon arrival in BMD as port side was Island side.

It really was a "great place to chill". All of the times you'd normally be up on deck, or out on your balcony to catch a certain view, we'd be relaxing on the sofa listening to our own music (hooked up thru the stereo tv), enjoying the view. It was difficult leaving the room at times.

The actual "quiet zone" sign is around the corner, on the wall just outside the door from the most forward elevator. There's sunny & shaded lounge chairs there, but you can still hear the music from the pool area a little. The area in the picture is truly a quiet area, if you don't count the sound of the waves breaking against the bow. This is a terraced area, so there's even more loungers than the photo shows. This whole area is just a few seconds away from the new deck 12 suites. Most passengers probably don't even discover this area during their cruise.

The actual "quiet zone" sign is around the corner, on the wall just outside the door from the most forward elevator. There's sunny & shaded lounge chairs there, but you can still hear the music from the pool area a little. The area in the picture is truly a quiet area, if you don't count the sound of the waves breaking against the bow. This is a terraced area, so there's even more loungers than the photo shows. This whole area is just a few seconds away from the new deck 12 suites. Most passengers probably don't even discover this area during their cruise.

Is the quiet zone near the 'clothes optional' area? I know we went up there a long time ago, but don't remember where it was. We didn't go in, just happened to walk by it while exploring. I don't know if it's still there.

I think I know the area you mean also.

Is the quiet zone near the 'clothes optional' area? I know we went up there a long time ago, but don't remember where it was. We didn't go in, just happened to walk by it while exploring. I don't know if it's still there.

I think I know the area you mean also.

The Dawn does not currently have a "clothing optional" area. If they used to have one, it was probably not in this area. The Spinnaker lounge used to overlook this area, so it wouldn't have been private. If there was one, it was probably on deck 14, behind the garden villas. Of course you might have just stumbled on a group of immodest people relaxing in some public area.:eek:

The "Freestyle" area's are usually up a flight of stairs, leading only to a private sunning area. Not in a place that one would accidently walk by.

The Dawn does not currently have a "clothing optional" area. If they used to have one, it was probably not in this area. The Spinnaker lounge used to overlook this area, so it wouldn't have been private. If there was one, it was probably on deck 14, behind the garden villas. Of course you might have just stumbled on a group of immodest people relaxing in some public area.:eek:

The "Freestyle" area's are usually up a flight of stairs, leading only to a private sunning area. Not in a place that one would accidently walk by.

Yes, it was up a set of stairs, but I thought it was more forward than the GV's. Just asked hubby and he said he also thought it was toward the back of the ship. We've been on the Dawn 4 times. You would think I'd remember!!! :eek:

Yes, it was up a set of stairs, but I thought it was more forward than the GV's. Just asked hubby and he said he also thought it was toward the back of the ship. We've been on the Dawn 4 times. You would think I'd remember!!! :eek:

The area in the above pictures is on the bow, as far forward as you can go on the ship. It makes sense that the "freestyle deck" would have been towards the stern. Is that an area that's now part of "The Haven" ?

The area in the above pictures is on the bow, as far forward as you can go on the ship. It makes sense that the "freestyle deck" would have been towards the stern. Is that an area that's now part of "The Haven" ?

I'm not sure where The Haven is either! Looks like I need to book another Dawn cruise to explore the changes!!! :D

There is no "Haven" on the Dawn...

We were fortunate enough to have one of the new suites (SD) with a balcony in September -- identical to the photos you posted, only with sliders in that wall of windows to a very large balcony. Unfortunately we didn't have great weather, and the balconies at that time didn't have "covers" so we didn't spend as much time out there as we normally would. I understand they will be putting canvas type covers on all those balconies at some point.

I believe you go to the helo pad aft go up the stairs. Head forward and up more stairs.

We are on Star in an SJ 12/4 and the pictures I've found do look very sedate! I think the Dawn looks more appealing. For those that have been in SJ, any suggestions about how to configure beds for my Mom and me. We'd like some space between us. Is the Murphy bed any good??

I think Haven is new name for Courtyard Villas.

There is no "Haven" on the Dawn...

We were fortunate enough to have one of the new suites (SD) with a balcony in September -- identical to the photos you posted, only with sliders in that wall of windows to a very large balcony. Unfortunately we didn't have great weather, and the balconies at that time didn't have "covers" so we didn't spend as much time out there as we normally would. I understand they will be putting canvas type covers on all those balconies at some point.

I believe you go to the helo pad aft go up the stairs. Head forward and up more stairs.

Peggy, they don't show a balcony on the SD's. Good to know they have them. Do you know if all the SD's have balconies? Hope all is well with you guys. Been a long time since the Majesty!!!

Biker, I do remember stairs!!!

Do they do a good job of keeping these windows on the SJ suites, nice and clean?

They were clean when we boarded, but our first day was stormy with high winds. They were streaked with salt spray for the remainder of the cruise. It wasn't a big deal. You only notice it when the sun hits them just right.

We are on Star in an SJ 12/4 and the pictures I've found do look very sedate! I think the Dawn looks more appealing. For those that have been in SJ, any suggestions about how to configure beds for my Mom and me. We'd like some space between us. Is the Murphy bed any good??

We didn't use the Murphy bed. The cabinet is quite deep. It must have a better mattress than the fold-out, and it looked like the width of a full double. Waking up to that view from the Murphy bed would be fantastic !

They will separate the big bed, but it would put one of them against the wall. You can always try different arrangements during the cruise. Whatever you do, the room will still have plenty of open space for walking around, or relaxing.

You will love this suite !

WOW! Loved your photos! We will do a suite next year for Alaska.Can you tell us which nites are the "studio photo nites" on the Dawn? Thank you so much!

Thanks.

You'll love this suite on an Alaskan cruise.

The Daily only shows: Day 2 -- photo's with captain

As I recall, on night 6 there were at least 6 photographers in the Atrium taking formal pictures.

We didn't use the Murphy bed. The cabinet is quite deep. It must have a better mattress than the fold-out, and it looked like the width of a full double. Waking up to that view from the Murphy bed would be fantastic !

They will separate the big bed, but it would put one of them against the wall. You can always try different arrangements during the cruise. Whatever you do, the room will still have plenty of open space for walking around, or relaxing.

You will love this suite !

Thanks, we've been in several different penthouses, twice in the one with 2 bedrooms and can you believe one of us had to get a roll-away to sleep on (My 22 year old had the small bedroom with the bathroom)! Those penthouses have a queen in a bedroom that doesn't separate, so this seem like a much better alternative.

Can't wait for Dec. 4!!

• 1 month later...
You're going to love it, I promise.

If you haven't seen it already, there's a youtube video (NCL FAMILY SUITE) which shows one of these suites on the Star. The furniture & decor is a little different, but the rooms are the same. This video sold us on an upgrade.

Thanks for posting the SJ pictures. We just booked a SJ on the Dawn for Oct. 2012. What cabin # are the pictures of? Also, the web site says the queen bed can be made into two twins, but I read an Oct CC review of #12032 that said they had to use the uncomfortable sofa bed because the bed didn't separate. Any idea if that issue is only in certain cabins #'s?

Do they do a good job of keeping these windows on the SJ suites, nice and clean?

NO! My biggest gripe when we were in a SJ on the Dawn in Nov. Glorious room, huge, clean, fantastic, EXCEPT the windows. Dirty outside, not washed when we got on in Miami, NEVER washed! What a shame, amazing views through the windows, too bad they were dirty the entire 11 day trip. :mad:

My only complaint, by the way....LOL...

Archived