New Orleans

larry_s_taco

Check on this board. There used to be a couple hotels that did this and maybe they still do but check the posts on this link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=21

Have a great first cruise.

Thanks for the link. It was really helpful. This is actually my 12th cruise (I think), it's just my first out of New Orleans. I love all the new ports they are coming up with. I've sailed out of Baltimore and Jacksonville. They aren't as slick as the Miami/Lauderdale ports but they are great for driving vacations where you can take your time and see new country.

Larry

Also check out biddingfortravel, betterbidding and trip advisor.com for input on hotels and their amenities. Priceline is a great site for NOLA hotels as this is a big convention hotel city. Parking is at a premium and there are 4 districts: French Quarter (very limited parking and noisey), Convention or Waterfront - some large major hotels like Hilton are there at the port, Business District - Hyatt, The W, many boutique hotels, which are great and within walking distance of the FQ and St. Charles St. Trolley. Have fun doing research.

Bon Voyage

Archived