Jewel of the Seas Specialty restaurants

Flamingo23

The Jewel still has a Portofinos. Probably will become Giovanni's Table though after she undergoes a makeover in 2013. We ate at Portofinos and thought it was OK, not the best ever but OK. We did not eat at Chops but heard generally postive comments. Hope that helps!

I was on the Jewel's TA this month and ate at Portofino's three times and Chops once. I found the former to be better than just ok -- obviously, as I went back twice more! The service I got was exceptional and the food most definitely worthy of the surcharge.

As for Chops, the steak was a very good cut, cooked to my preference right on the money, and the waiter extremely attentive.

I'd highly recommend both.

I was on the Jewel's TA this month and ate at Portofino's three times and Chops once. I found the former to be better than just ok -- obviously, as I went back twice more! The service I got was exceptional and the food most definitely worthy of the surcharge.

As for Chops, the steak was a very good cut, cooked to my preference right on the money, and the waiter extremely attentive.

I'd highly recommend both.

Is the food in the MDR that bad, or did you just prefer the specialty restaurants? DW and I will be on Jewel in January and just wondering.:confused:

Is the food in the MDR that bad, or did you just prefer the specialty restaurants? DW and I will be on Jewel in January and just wondering.:confused:

The food in my opinion was terrible in the MDR on the recent T/A. Chops and Portifino were not that much better sorry to say. The bright note is that the Jewel should have a brand new menu by now and I hear it is much better.:)

We do Chops for the formal nights to avoid having to pack formal clothes. I also enjoy the main dining room food. I'm looking forward to the menu changes. Usually if I can't find anything on the main dining room menu to eat, I order the upcharge Chops filet. Yummy!

In Chops, I ordered the crab cake, filet, and we had roasted potatoes, asparagus, and onion rings for our sides. The roasted potatoes had some sort of white cheese sauce on them and they were delicious! It was all great. Followed by mud pie for dessert!

The food in my opinion was terrible in the MDR on the recent T/A. Chops and Portifino were not that much better sorry to say. The bright note is that the Jewel should have a brand new menu by now and I hear it is much better.:)

Oh my, here's hoping the new menus are better, although I can usually find something to eat.

Archived