SkY Pictorial Review

Nalagh

Pre-cruise we flew into Ft. Lauderdale at 5 am and our driver from Family Car and Limo Service was waiting with a sign. Bill, our driver, took our bags and we were off to his very clean sedan. He dropped us at the Viceroy. We use this car service 3 times while we were in Miami. We have already booked this car service for our trip in April.

IMG_8429.JPG

IMG_8430.JPG

Check in was easy and very quick. -10 minutes from the car to ready to board. Some of the priority boarding staff outside the check-in room may need a refresher course in manners.

IMG_8432.JPG

IMG_8438.JPG

IMG_8434.JPG

IMG_8435.JPG

My friend and I have sailed together 3 times now, 1 Epic and two Sky sailings. She, on both other trips, has always sent her steaks back because they were not well done. She requests, "No pink and no blood." This was the first steak that was perfect the first time at any dining room and any sailing! WTG Sky Cagney's!!

IMG_8468.JPG

Off we go to Dazzles to sign up for the pup crawl and to find Juan the On board cruise expert! He is my very favorite OBCC!!

We found him doing his thing, and what a great job he did. I wonder if he will tell everyone about the fish on the carpet?

IMG_8504.JPG

Yup! Fish slide!

IMG_8508.JPG

Thanks for the great pics!

We stayed in 9075 back in 2004 on a Southern caribbean itinerary from San Juan.

We were upsold from an aft facing balcony cabin for $500 and lived our first suite life on NCL.

I think we ate every breakfast and dinner in our suite starting on day 2. The balcony on this suite is tremendous.

We are sailing the Sky in May in an OS so our view shall be a bit different this time!

I am prepared for all consequential backlash, but I am in fact quite angry with NCL about one issue.

A lot of construction was happening on this cruise, not a bad thing in itself. We were one of 21 aft cabins with construction over our cabin for 3 days, the entirety of our cruise. They are re flooring the great outdoor cafe, as well as blasting the rust and other required maintenance.

When we inquired as to why it was constant construction we were told it was because the cafe was closed and they wanted to open it asap.

On our balcony we had a lot of debris to include tar, paint chips and dust. The noise was unbearable at times as was the dust. The vibrations inside our cabin along with the noise required us to seek alternative hangouts. Had I known about this construction, I would not have booked aft at all. I think NCL should have either spread the work out or have not booked the 21 aft rooms of the ship. We did complain and asked the concierge to come to our cabin to see just how bad it was. We did not seek remuneration, however we did ask for the booking and construction policy be reviewed. Cagney's breakfast and lunches were also impacted by the noise greatly. At times conversations were halted or not at all possible. This did not ruin the cruise, however it did make it very uncomfortable at times.

This obviously was not my first NCL cruise, but for some on the Aft it was and sadly 2 couples we met have no plans to return.

I am very happy that the work is being done, but I feel it was not fair to those 21 cabins to have facilitated the work in that manner.

IMG_8459.JPG

The Sky has the muster outside and I am not a fan of it at all. It is by far the most serious drill we have attended as we were pushed together like sardines in a can. It was HOT and we were very prompt so we waited a while for stragglers. Many people never showed, but we were told that they would be required to attend in the am . ;)

IMG_8530.JPG

IMG_8531.JPG

Sail away! We saw our neighbors on our balcony, and said hello. We started chatting a bit only to realize we were all CC! We invited them over for sail away and had an impromptu sail away party!

IMG_8532.JPG

IMG_8533.JPG

IMG_8534.JPG

IMG_8535.JPG

IMG_8536.JPG

Archived