ESTA issues

PurpleMoonlight

Well, in the end I decided to stick two fingers up at Uncle Sam and not jump through the ridiculous hoops they elect to impose on an innocent traveller.

I have transferred to a P & O Christmas cruise to the Caribbean instead.

My thanks to Cunard/P & O (in particular Amy) who let me do so even though I was a couple of days over the transfer deadline.

Thanks also to anyone who provided advice on my previous thread.

I can now relax and look forward to another lovely holiday rather than stress about whether or not the US government will let me in .....

Well, in the end I decided to stick two fingers up at Uncle Sam and not jump through the ridiculous hoops they elect to impose on an innocent traveller.

I have transferred to a P & O Christmas cruise to the Caribbean instead.

My thanks to Cunard/P & O (in particular Amy) who let me do so even though I was a couple of days over the transfer deadline.

Thanks also to anyone who provided advice on my previous thread.

I can now relax and look forward to another lovely holiday rather than stress about whether or not the US government will let me in .....

If you are going to St Thomas US VI you'll still have to clear US Customs and Immigration.

You did the right thing. The problem was that you were trying to legally enter the US from the UK, not illegally enter from Mexico.:rolleyes: In the latter case there would be no problem. (Our president has for all practical purposes erased our southern border.)

That's right PurpleMoonlight. If you decide to come in thru our non existent southern border...we will also house, clothe, and feed you. :)

You did the right thing. The problem was that you were trying to legally enter the US from the UK, not illegally enter from Mexico.:rolleyes: In the latter case there would be no problem. (Our president has for all practical purposes erased our southern border.)

Boo. Tisk, tisk, etc.