Dream vs Pride vs Valor

Which ship?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship?

• Dream
    • Pride
    • Valor
    • Other (please leave suggestion)

Starting to think about next year's cruise and even though I can't book anytime soon, I'm an obsessive researcher and was hoping for a little advice on what to look at!

We want to take a 7 day cruise next year as our 5 days on the Elation felt short. We aren't big fans of the cost or hassle of flying and prefer to drive. Most ports are within willing driving distance except Miami/Fort Lauderdale, Galveston and the West coast. This trip would be likely around this time next year.

While we aren't picky on ships we would prefer one that isn't terribly overcrowded (thus the reason the Sunshine isn't on here). We would like a trip with some scenic and cool looking ports with either adventurous stuff to do, or great beaches/resorts. We could care less about shopping. We loved Cozumel but hated Progreso if that gives you an idea.

Dream: either the sailing that goes to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman,and Cozumel or the one that goes to Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel

Pros: great looking ship, want to visit NOLA again

Cons: overcrowding?

Pride: Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport

Pros: closest port, spirit class ship

Cons: least exotic ports

Valor: Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay, Costa Maya

Pros: most ports

Cons: least desirable ship.

Or other? I'm looking at sailings that are under or around 500 pp for an interior right now. Am I wrong on any of my points? Which Dream itinerary is better? Not stuck with Carnival so feel free to suggest another line, as long as the price and entry ports fit the bill.

Edited by Indytraveler83
Spelling

Why is the Valor your least desirable ship? Have you been on any of the Fantasy class ships? My favorite ship is the Dream!

I don't think I have any great reason to dislike the Valor, just that I'm least excited to try the conquest class ships.

I've been on the Elation and liked it a lot, but would like to try something different and maybe something that rolls around just a little less.

I enjoy most ports... but I would avoid at all costs Jamaica.

So the second itinerary I picked for the dream would be better? I guess I also noticed that the dream does a Bahamas 7 day as well, but there isn't a ton of love for the Bahamas on here

I put Pride but meant to put Dream. It isn't my favorite ship but I like the ports. I also like visiting NOLA. I like the Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary much better then the Belize itinerary. Belize is a dump and is not safe. I know some people don't like Jamaica but I like it and there is more things to do there.

Early voting puts the dream just ahead of the pride, while even "other" beats the valor. Even with the port intensive schedule is it that much inferior of a ship? I was leaning toward the Dream or Pride to begin with, but wow.

The Valor has no upgrades. The itinerary is just ok. Cozumel and Mahogany Bay are great. Costa Maya and Belize are nasty.

The Valor has no upgrades. The itinerary is just ok. Cozumel and Mahogany Bay are great. Costa Maya and Belize are nasty.

Thanks for the input on that. Sorta kills the valor since the dream visits the same good ports and is considered a much better ship.

our fav is the Sunshine

The Havana Bar is great\

Ocean Plaza is great

the two dinner venues are wonderful JI JI and Capataino

They cost $15 pp but are well worth it.

The CD is the absolute best Jamie Dee

The taste bar has continental breakfast every day and not crowded

dot

our fav is the Sunshine

The Havana Bar is great\

Ocean Plaza is great

the two dinner venues are wonderful JI JI and Capataino

They cost $15 pp but are well worth it.

The CD is the absolute best Jamie Dee

The taste bar has continental breakfast every day and not crowded

dot

Anyone else think the Sunshine should be included? She does have a port intensive 7 day itinerary. Or is she just too crowded? I can handle lots of people and crowded places, but I'd like to find a lounger somewhere on a ship, and don't want to wait in line for food constantly.