Ideas for Groups that sail together

"Wandering Wino's&quo

We have put together a group of ten that will be sailing this October on Oosterdam to the Mexcian Riviera. We made our reservations over a year ago, so to keep the excitiment going I put together fun email's with pictures each month. Now that we are getting closer to the date of the cruise, I just put together a booklet for each couple that includes pictures of all the cruisers, a calendar of events, including cocktail parties, wine sharing, type of dress for the day etc. Also included information on Ports of Call along with pictures and the all important "The Cruise Not to Forget List" I'll send another example on the next post. Hope this is of some interest. Shirley

We have put together a group of ten that will be sailing this October on Oosterdam to the Mexcian Riviera. We made our reservations over a year ago' date=' so to keep the excitiment going I put together fun email's with pictures each month. Now that we are getting closer to the date of the cruise, I just put together a booklet for each couple that includes pictures of all the cruisers, a calendar of events, including cocktail parties, wine sharing, type of dress for the day etc. Also included information on Ports of Call along with pictures and the all important "The Cruise Not to Forget List" I'll send another example on the next post. Hope this is of some interest. Shirley[/color']

Another example

I want you on MY cruise! Please say you'll book onto the October 10, 2006 Mediterannean cruise on HAL's Rotterdam? Please? Pretty Please??? Usually I'm the one getting all the excitement going, it's nice to see somebody else does it too.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I want you on MY cruise! Please say you'll book onto the October 10, 2006 Mediterannean cruise on HAL's Rotterdam? Please? Pretty Please??? Usually I'm the one getting all the excitement going, it's nice to see somebody else does it too.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

What a great invitation. My husband would love that cruise, he said that our next cruise should be to the Mediterannean. I'm so glad that you liked some of my ideas, I've also posted some other pictures that I'm using for Door Decorations on another thread. Thanks again for your comments. Shirley

What a great invitation. My husband would love that cruise' date=' he said that our next cruise should be to the Mediterannean. I'm so glad that you liked some of my ideas, I've also posted some other pictures that I'm using for Door Decorations on another thread. Thanks again for your comments. Shirley[/color']

What a great idea!!! We only have 4 in our group but 2 are cruise virgins....that might be a cool idea to give them an idea of what to expect.

Then the door decorations, I was thinking of doing something but I'm kinda stumped...please post a link to the thread with your examples....

Thanks!!

33 days and counting!!! YAY!!!

Love your ideas. I only wish I could make your attachments bigger so I could read them. I have a group of 12 to 14 going on my next cruise and would love to "borrow" some of your ideas.

:) Ruth, looks like we both live in Huntington Beach. If you like let me know your email and we can arrange for me to mail you some samples. Shirley

What a great idea!!! We only have 4 in our group but 2 are cruise virgins....that might be a cool idea to give them an idea of what to expect.

Then the door decorations, I was thinking of doing something but I'm kinda stumped...please post a link to the thread with your examples....

Thanks!!

33 days and counting!!! YAY!!!

Check out Cruise Rituals, Door Decorating. Let me know what you think. Shirley

Great stuff!! Thank you for sharing!:D What type of software do you use to create these cool things?

For Christmas last year my DH gave me Microsoft Digital Image Suite so I used that program' date=' I also have Microsoft Picture it and I think some of the same things are in that program. I really had a lot of fun putting these things together. The booklet that I made for everyone I included a section of the Ports of Call we will be visiting, Cabo San Lucas being one of them, I copied from our boards a picture of the Melia Hotel's pool area with the swim up bar. I was able to insert pictures of everyone and included that in the book. I'll try to show you the picture, the idea could be used in so many different ways. Shirley[/color']

One other thing that we are doing that some of you might find to be fun, is that my DH has put together some party music for a CD that we will be including in the "Goody Bag" we are giving to everyone, and we are putting this label on it. A friend of mine that is sailing the week before us with a group of friends did this and they made their label with the bodies of Mexican Dancers with the heads and faces of their friends.

For Christmas last year my DH gave me Microsoft Digital Image Suite so I used that program' date=' I also have Microsoft Picture it and I think some of the same things are in that program. I really had a lot of fun putting these things together. The booklet that I made for everyone I included a section of the Ports of Call we will be visiting, Cabo San Lucas being one of them, I copied from our boards a picture of the Melia Hotel's pool area with the swim up bar. I was able to insert pictures of everyone and included that in the book. I'll try to show you the picture, the idea could be used in so many different ways. Shirley[/color']

Thanks for the quick reply. I have MS Digital Image - my husband gave it to me for Xmas last year too - how funny! I haven't gotten as creative as you with it yet - now I am inspired! I love the people at the bar - will have to try that!

Please keep sharing your great ideas! I'm sure you and your lucky group will have an awesome cruise!

Shirley' date='[/size']

What a bunch of great ideas!!! I hope you don't mind if I use some for our group cruise in 06. You want to go on it with us?:D We'd love to have you. We'll discuss it when we meet on the Oosterdam this October.;)

Janice, like I've said many times, some of my best work has been copied. Now don't get me wrong I have added my own take on everything that I copied!:D

Shirley

Hi Shirley...we are a family of six travelling from Scotland UK to cruise on the Jewel of the Seas next March.....Can you PLEASE book yourself and your SO on this cruise with us. We would love to have someone as enthusiastic and fun to be sailing with us. So far our roll call is a bit like a deflated ballon lol.

Your ideas are fantastic, you seem to have a very artistic gift and how kind of you to share it with others.

I hope we can all continue to enjoy following your lead up to your cruise.Keep up the good work ! oh and please sail with us !

Happycruzer

OK folks who votes that Shirley should be employed by RCI to do this for every sail . LOL

Hi Shirley...we are a family of six travelling from Scotland UK to cruise on the Jewel of the Seas next March.....Can you PLEASE book yourself and your SO on this cruise with us. We would love to have someone as enthusiastic and fun to be sailing with us. So far our roll call is a bit like a deflated ballon lol.

Your ideas are fantastic, you seem to have a very artistic gift and how kind of you to share it with others.

I hope we can all continue to enjoy following your lead up to your cruise.Keep up the good work ! oh and please sail with us !

Happycruzer

OK folks who votes that Shirley should be employed by RCI to do this for every sail . LOL

:) Thank you for your very kind words, you have made my day. Only one thing don't let my DH hear the word "employed", he's been suggesting for the past few years that I take "my talent" and go to work! If I did that I wouldn't have time to be on the CC boards. In my past life I was an Executive Director/Fundraiser for several national non-profit organizations, while I had a lot of fun and a great deal of satisfation doing this work, I must say it's much more fun and a lot less stressful playing and not working. Of course I don't make the "Big Bucks", but shopping at TJ Max & Marshalls doesn't bother me at all, it's always like a treasure hunt when I go into one of their stores. And as far as I know Nordstrom's and Neiman Marcus are still able to turn a profit without my help!

Have a great time on your cruise. We have visited your Country in the past and always love the UK. My DH works for our goverment and spends lots of time flying across the Pond. Shirley

You look like such a fun cruise organizer! I just organized a white water rafting trip for 23 people and we had a blast, but another group there had funky hats (cowboy hats, reindeer ears, etc.) for rafting. That would be fun to do for a sailaway party.

:) Organizing a group can be fun, but there also can be pitfalls. Flexiability has to always enter into what ever you do. You always hope that everyone realises that you are only a volunteer, there is no pay involved. The hat idea is great, I have a friend that does that at dinner parties. There are some real strange hats in her collection, but you know when you put on a hat your personality takes on the charm of the hat! We had a New Eve Party for 2000 in Palm Springs and use the hat idea, the pictures are a riot. The champagne may have helped that.

:) Organizing a group can be fun' date=' but there also can be pitfalls. Flexiability has to always enter into what ever you do. You always hope that everyone realises that you are only a volunteer, there is no pay involved. The hat idea is great, I have a friend that does that at dinner parties. There are some real strange hats in her collection, but you know when you put on a hat your personality takes on the charm of the hat! We had a New Eve Party for 2000 in Palm Springs and use the hat idea, the pictures are a riot. The champagne may have helped that. [/color']

Yes, I am good at organizing, but, there were times that it became very frustrating. Overall, however, it was fun and I will do it again.

• 1 month later...

I have organized a group of 21 cabins, so far. Friends, family, friends of friends, that sort of thing. A lot of us don't know each other, so I love your idea of sending emails to get everyone excited about this trip.

Can you give me an idea of what kind of emails you sent out? I am really not the creative type and need all the help I can get! Unless, of course, you want to join our group!

Feel free to email me directly if you have a chance too. Thanks in advance!

pam.freeman.olmstead@juno.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived