Ride the Rapids in St. John Canada

lkjh

Has anyone done this excursion? WE are thinking of doing this excursion. We are not sure which four people in are party want to do this. Does anyone know after one purchases a tour if they just give you a voucher for your party of do they cross reference each name?

Any recommendations for excursions in Halifax?

Any feedback is welcomed.

Thanks

if you book the Jet Boat ride yourself it will save you alot of money.

It is $35.00 CDN for an adult, $30.00 (12&under) or $115.00 for 2 adults and 2 12-

It would be about a 10 min taxi ride to the falls which would probably cost about $7.00 CDN

Their number is Toll free 1-888-634-8987

website is www.jetboatrides.com

Thanks for your reply. I already called that company. Apparently, Carnival booked all their slots. So we need to go through Carnival. Did you do this excursion? How was it? I really need to know if I can book 4 people and decide that day which 4 want to go. Can I do that?

My kids did this from a Royal Caribbean ship last summer and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. It is one of their most popular excursions, so you may have difficulty booking it if you wait until the day before your St. John stop.

Carol

How old are your kids? On the web site for Carnival states you have to be over 13. My kids are not 13, but look it. I was wondering since there are 12 people in our party, perhaps I could buy 4 adult tickets and still take my kids. Do you know if they cross reference the names, and ask for ID for each person for the excursion. ( I know to get on and off the boat you need your own ID, I just was wondering how the excursion works)

We leave today, so I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Last summer my guys were 16 & 18, so it was never an issue, even that they were there without me. You can do/try what you want. I would not take a child on an excursion whose rules stated that they were not old enough. I have faith that people running an activity know for what ages it is safe & appropriate. JMO, and YMMV.

Carol

This was the best excursion I took on my Can/NE cruise last year on Jewel of the Seas! It was sooo much fun. I don't know about checking ID and cross referencing the names on the tickets though.

If you go, bring and extra change of clothing if you are uncomfy wearing wet clothing. Eventhough they provide you with rain gear you'll still get wet! If possible try and get "The Devil" he was great!

The lobster roll lunch they provided afterwards was wonderful as well.

In Halifax, since you're asking, try the tour to out to Peggy's Cove Lighthouse. If you have an interest in lighthouses or scenery and nature, you'll love this. The view is just gorgeous!

• 2 weeks later...

I too am considering this excursion. To those who have done this: Did you get jostled/jerked about a lot? Let me explain, I love roller coaster rides - the smoother they ride, the better! Up, down, all around, sudden drops, rollerovers, etc., excellent!!!! I just don't like the ones that jerk my neck outta whack!! So how was this ride? The excursion description sounds like it is really physical but sometimes they (cruise agencies) play it up a bit IMHO.

As I said, I didn't do this myself, but the only thing that my kids mentioned was GETTING WET. They were so funny: they WANTED to sit in the front, so they did. Then, every time a big wave was coming, they instinctively DUCKED. The people behind them got SOAKED, but they were P-O'ed, because they thought that my kids would shield them! Apparently, they kept cursing my kids "under their breath." hee hee

I can ask them later tonight about the "jerking" movement, Fla.

Carol

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone else taken this Ride the Rapids jet boat? We are going 10-14 on Sea Princess, 2 women in our 50's! How wild is this ride? Worse than a rollercoaster, or just get wet? Also it could be really cold, so the water would be worse! There is another tour with a sightseeing boat on Bay of Fundy, that sounds alot calmer. Thanks for info!

We took this ride last week, booked it ourselves, as suggested above. Call back closer to your departure date and see if better times open up, we originally had a 10:30AM, moved it to 12:30PM when the day was warmer.

It's not too jerky, I have back problems and never felt uncomfortable. You WILL GET WET. My wife wore a bathing suit and T shirt under the slicker (top and pants) that they give you, and still got soaked. They have changing rooms and an outdoor shower to get the salt off ya after your ride.

Water didn't seem so cold, maybe because you're zooming around so much the wind dries you off.

Archived