They don't learn

sitraveler

I just really looked at the new catalog. There is no mention of Turkish visas for cruises starting or ending in Istanbul.

Dear sitraveler,

We regret to hear of your disappointment in Viking. We remember that you were a guest on the April 11, 2015 departure out of Istanbul – a departure in which notification about recent Turkish Visa process changes went out approximately 2 months beforehand, via email. While the process change and timing wasn’t ideal for you and your fellow travelers, we hope to restore some of your confidence in us by letting you know that all Viking Ocean Cruises invoices now include this statement: Important: If your itinerary or hotel extension includes Istanbul you are required to purchase a tourist visa in advance. You may purchase this visa from http://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/”

If you have additional thoughts on this topic – or have noticed other areas where you think we could improve – we would welcome hearing from you at tellus@vikingcruises.com. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

This is a good place to start a discussion.

I've already booked a 7/1/2017 cruise on the Viking Sky.

Is Viking going to offer fixed as well as open dining?

My next voyage is almost exclusively tender ports, any specifics on how you'll handle 900 passengers there?

Overloading where the tours stopped was terrible, any thoughts?

The included tours missed stopping at many major attractions, any attempt to adjust?

This is a good place to start a discussion.

I've already booked a 7/1/2017 cruise on the Viking Sky.

Is Viking going to offer fixed as well as open dining?

My next voyage is almost exclusively tender ports, any specifics on how you'll handle 900 passengers there?

Overloading where the tours stopped was terrible, any thoughts?

The included tours missed stopping at many major attractions, any attempt to adjust?

Not being snarky or fresh just very curious as to why you booked again with Viking Oceans? Thanks.

Edited by TERRIER1

Really liked the ship.

Ports on this voyage are interesting, although have been to many before.

Most of the failings of the first trip are not insurmountable.

(CC can't handle 5 countdown clocks, my "Viking Star countdown clock", just disappeared by itself.)

Does anyone know how far out you can get the Turkish tourist visa? We will be traveling in Sept. 2016, do we have to wait until next summer to purchase this or can we get it now?

Go to FAQ on evisa.gov.tr for answers. It looks like you can get it anytime but need to enter correct dates for your visit. It only takes a few minutes to do. Print it out and take it along with your passport.