Partially Obstructed View for PH 10003?

su-arizona

We are booked in PH 10003 and our docs show a "partially obstructed view".

When our TA booked it, she said the view was obstructed by a wall at the front of the balcony. Since the Vista suite is immediately forward, this made sense to me. I called called Oceania and they said the same thing. That doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

But looking at the ship and a couple other posts on similar cabins, I am concerned that perhaps there is an overhang from the Bridge on the level above which obstructs the upper portion of the balcony?

Can somebody (hint,hint StanandJim!) give me first hand info? Thanks!

We are booked in PH 10003 and our docs show a "partially obstructed view".

When our TA booked it, she said the view was obstructed by a wall at the front of the balcony. Since the Vista suite is immediately forward, this made sense to me. I called called Oceania and they said the same thing. That doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

But looking at the ship and a couple other posts on similar cabins, I am concerned that perhaps there is an overhang from the Bridge on the level above which obstructs the upper portion of the balcony?

Can somebody (hint,hint StanandJim!) give me first hand info? Thanks!

154320.jpg I've overused this photograph, but if you see the two portholes on the same deck as the Navigating Bridge, you are looking at Deck 11.

The veranda of 10003 is directly under the right (slightly smaller) porthole.

Deck 12 does overhang Deck 11 by a margin of about 6 feet, but the consensus is that the Deck 10 cabins are far enough way to be unaffected by it.

110530.jpg

I believe that the "obstruction" that you are being warned about is the searchlight

just under the Bridge Wing.

125332.jpg Hope that this helped! :D

154320.jpg I've overused this photograph, but if you see the two portholes on the same deck as the Navigating Bridge, you are looking at Deck 11.

The veranda of 10003 is directly under the right (slightly smaller) porthole.

Deck 12 does overhang Deck 11 by a margin of about 6 feet, but the consensus is that the Deck 10 cabins are far enough way to be unaffected by it.

110530.jpg

I believe that the "obstruction" that you are being warned about is the searchlight

just under the Bridge Wing.

125332.jpg Hope that this helped! :D

From the pic of the Deck 12 overhang - which, by the way, is excellent photojournalism - it looks as though the OS suites have very deep balconies. True? Or are the OS suite walls part of that protuberance?

On Celebrity Century - rest her soul - the suite balconies were about 15 ft deep and that experience will not be forgotten. That venerable old tug had gloriously expensive wood walls and other old time elegance. You just had to live with the 1950's push buttons, etc.:eek:

From the pic of the Deck 12 overhang - which, by the way, is excellent photojournalism - it looks as though the OS suites have very deep balconies. True? Or are the OS suite walls part of that protuberance?

On Celebrity Century - rest her soul - the suite balconies were about 15 ft deep and that experience will not be forgotten. That venerable old tug had gloriously expensive wood walls and other old time elegance. You just had to live with the 1950's push buttons, etc.:eek:

There are various pictures of the deck 12 Oceania Suite balconies that have been posted. I'll bet a search would yield 2 or 3 for you. I'd say they are probably 7 to 10 ft deep at the most. And that's probably being generous.

This is probably the photograph which gives the best view of the various Oceania Suite Verandas:

221114.jpg

Sorry, that last photo illustrated the VISTA Suite Verandas, not the Oceania Suites (I don't know where my head was).

9375617725_77324de990_b.jpg

The Oceania Suite verandas along the side of the ship, are not particularly expansive, except that they are far, far larger than those of the Penthouses.

Edited by StanandJim

Su-

It is more than just the search light. There is an overhang that creates a lot of shade as well. My sister was in this cabin this past April and IMHO is not a desirable Penthouse. There is also a LOT of noise from the bridge. She sailed as a single and took a gamble with a PH guarantee. Sadly this was probably the worst cabin she could have gotten and though our TA tried several times, there were no other PH available. I would certainly try for another cabin if possible.

That being said, she LOVED everything else about Marina and the cruise - just could not use her veranda for sun or photos.

DSC_0011_zpso2uaiu10.jpg?1435409260701&1435409261612