Itinerary for Newcsstle departures 2017

Here it is:-

21st May – Hidden Treasures of Europe (not on sale till mid-summer)

Malaga to Newcastle - 14 nights

Cadiz, Spain,|Portimao, Portgual | Lisbon, Portugul | La Coruna, Spain | Bilbao, Spain | La Rochelle, France | Brest, France | Cherbourg, France | Zeebrugge (for Brugge), Belgium | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Bremerhaven, Germany

4th June - Fjords & Glaciers – 7 Nights

Flam, Norway | Skjolden, Norway | Bergen, Norway | Olden, Norway

11th June – Norway’s Midnight Sun - 14 Nights

Flam, Norway | Bergen, Norway | Hellesylt, Norway | Geiranger, Norway | Molde, Norway | Tromso, Norway | Honningsvag, Norway | Harstad, Norway | Leknes Loften, Norway | Alesund, Norway

25th June – Baltic Discovery – 14 Nights

Oslo, Norway | Gothenburgh, Sweden | Stockholm, Sweden | Tallinn, Estonia | St. Petersburgh, Russia (overnight) | Helsinki, Findland | Wismar (for Berlin & Hamburgh), Germany | Kalundborg (for Copenhagen), Denmark

9th July – Wonders of the Fjords – 7 nights

Flam, Norway | Bergen, Norway | Hellesylt, Norway | Geiranger, Norway

15th July – Treasures of the Baltic – 14 Nights

Oslo, Norway | Gdynia (for Gdansk), Poland | St. Petersburgh, Russia (overnight) | Helsinki, Findland | Stockholm, Sweden | Karlskrona, Sweden, | Warnemunde (for Berlin & Hamburgh), Germany | Kalundborg (for Copenhagen), Denmark

29th July – Fire & Ice - 14 Nights

Stavanger, Norway | Akureyre, Iceland | Isafjord, Iceland | Reykjavik, Iceland | Torshavn, Denmark | Lerwick, Scotland | Bergen, Norway | Flam, Norway

12th August – Baltic Explorer – 13 nights

Fredrikstad, Norway| Aalborg, Denmark | Stockholm, Sweden | Tallinn, Estonia | St. Petersburgh, Russia (overnight) | Helsinki, Findland | Kalundborg (for Copenhagen), Denmark

25th August – Highland Fling – 4 nights

Edinburgh, Scotland | Invergordon, Scotland | Dundee, Scotland

29th August – Baltic Classics – 13 Nights

Aarhus, Denmark | Bornholm, Denmark | Klaipeda, Lithuania | St. Petersburgh, Russia (overnight) | Tallinn, Estonia | Riga, Latvia Kalundborg (for Copenhagen), Denmark

11th Sept – Magnificent Fjords – 7 Nights

Flam, Norway | Bergen, Norway | Hellesylt, Norway | Arendal, Norway

18th September – Timeless Europe – 13 nights (not on sale till mid-summer)

Zeebrugge (for Brugge), Belgium | Cherbourg, France | Dublin, Ireland | Cobh (for Cork) | Ferrol, Spain | Vigo (for Santiago de Compostela), Spain | Lisbon, Portugal | Portimao, Portugal | Gibraltar, UK

Thank you carib cruiser and Jules.

I went to the TA today but there was a queue so I didn't wait.....seems I didn't have to.

I like the North Cape and the two repo's. Prefer the May repo but couldn't do that and N. Cape.

The September cruise must be the last one on Celebration.

Anyway thanks again.

Can anyone advise as to what to expect from the weather to the fjords for the 11th September itinerary,thanks for your replies.

It could be anything, just like home.

At least in the Fjords the sea is flat.

Thank you carib cruiser and Jules.

I went to the TA today but there was a queue so I didn't wait.....seems I didn't have to.

I like the North Cape and the two repo's. Prefer the May repo but couldn't do that and N. Cape.

The September cruise must be the last one on Celebration.

Anyway thanks again.

Celebration's staying. I think it's doing the Canaries W17/18, and then back to either the Med or ex-UK for S18.

Can anyone advise as to what to expect from the weather to the fjords for the 11th September itinerary,thanks for your replies.

We went in September 2013 and had generally good weather, just a bit of rain in the mornings in Bergen and Flam, but soon cleared up :)

Norway is a wonderful country and looks good whatever the weather ;)

The beauty of sailing from Britain is no luggage limit, so you can take a variety of clothes.

This is me in Gerainger, you can see how nice it was.

2h30odv.jpg

We went in September 2013 and had generally good weather, just a bit of rain in the mornings in Bergen and Flam, but soon cleared up :)

Norway is a wonderful country and looks good whatever the weather ;)

The beauty of sailing from Britain is no luggage limit, so you can take a variety of clothes.

This is me in Gerainger, you can see how nice it was.

2h30odv.jpg

A lovely photograph Linda. I'm looking forward to our trip in June.

After taking the last couple years off as they didn't do UK sailings, if these are correct the June or August Baltic ones look very tempting.

Do you need Visas for St Petersburg? If so, how do you get them? Many thanks.

You only need visas for St Petersburg if you intend to do your own thing. You don't need one if you do the ships excursions.

Also don't need them if you book a private tour. We did a private tour a few years back

Thank you both.

Edited by campolady

Do you need Visas for St Petersburg? If so, how do you get them? Many thanks.

I wouldn't recommend doing your own thing in St Petersburg and the visas are very expensive. We did the ships tours but there are a number of Russian tour companies that are very well recommended on CC. As we queued to get into Catherine's Palace, the small Russian tour companies just walked past and straight in!!

It is the most beautiful scenery Vera. We were blown away by it! Would love to go again. My brother has been 3 times

Yes, it's because of the scenery we've booked a balcony. When we were there the last time we were numb standing out so long. We haven't visited many places though, and even after this years trip there are still a lot more I want to visit.

Are you feeling any better? Also have you made a decision yet between Discovery and Oriana.

Oh, I am SO torn. The obvious cruise for us is the repositioning from Malaga on 21st May - as we would only require one way flights back from Newcastle. BUT I SO fancy the Baltic 14 nighter going 15th July - it is our Pearl Wedding Anniversary on 4th July and Hubbys 70th Birthday on 19th July which would be whilst we are on board. I am leaning towards the Baltic, Hubby (typical ex-Accountant!!!) thinks the re-positioning is better value. It has to be one or the other?????

Yes, it's because of the scenery we've booked a balcony. When we were there the last time we were numb standing out so long. We haven't visited many places though, and even after this years trip there are still a lot more I want to visit.

Are you feeling any better? Also have you made a decision yet between Discovery and Oriana.

Hi Vera, still not feeling too good :( but have booked Discovery plus a stay in Majorca this morning :)

Brenda - you have my dilemma :rolleyes: