Labadee Stop - Dragon's Tail Coaster

mirs13

So I am booking my excursions for the upcoming trip and it says that the Dragons Tail Coaster all-day pass is unavailable. Now let's be honest, my kids are not going to want to ride it just once. Anyone have any luck being able to buy the all-day pass once you are off the ship and at the Coaster? Do more "spots" open up prior to sail date? Not sure how to proceed here and would love any advice. Thanks!

We were there a couple weeks ago and had no problem purchasing the pass on the island. We parked ourselves at Adrenaline Beach for the day and could walk easily to the purchase spot as well as the coaster. Which we loved , by the way.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

So I am booking my excursions for the upcoming trip and it says that the Dragons Tail Coaster all-day pass is unavailable. Now let's be honest, my kids are not going to want to ride it just once. Anyone have any luck being able to buy the all-day pass once you are off the ship and at the Coaster? Do more "spots" open up prior to sail date? Not sure how to proceed here and would love any advice. Thanks!

No problem purchasing on Labadee.

It seems that the "rules" change depending on RCI's plan for the day.

Earlier in our cruise career on ships like the Freedom of the Seas you could reserve an all day pass.

Then when the Oasis class ships came out you could only get a one ride ticket due to the number of passengers on board and then they wanted all to have a turn, and they sell more single rides.

Then sailing on one of our Allure cruises the attraction did not get a lot of action so the all day pass came back it was offered at the check in area.

I guess it is hit or miss.

Got it once on Allure and the other time not.

Good luck.

The coaster is great fun and once is only enough to figure it out and enjoy the view. Subsequent times are for speed, timing and getting a good look at details.

We were there March17th and were told all day passes were sold out so they were limiting on island sales to two rides ($25 + $10 = all day price, lol). He did say something about coming back...but I couldn't really understand his accented English so don't know if that would have involved getting another wristband for free... or paying $10 again. He put two single ride bands on our wrists and they cut each off as we loaded.

We were on the completely full Navigator, only ship in port. Spring break, lots of kids.

We ended up under a palm tree while ds14 snorkeled around the outer edges of Nellie's Beach--not spectacular but some coral specimens to examine and fish to watch in the grass. He (a 4 sport athlete and certified diver) thought Labadee was his nicest day! Enjoy!