Spa pass purchased online prior to cruise

Hello all - I bought the spa pass for my husband and I for the Getaway. I paid $179 each. I was assuming that the 18% gratuity would be added at checkout - but it was not. Was the $179 inclusive of the gratuity or do I have to pony up another $33 dollars each at the spa desk when I get there? I look around for an option to add it but I didn't see that option. I just assumed that it would be added at the end, but it doesn't appear that is the case.

I really wanted to pay for everything upfront. I don't want a massive bill at the end of my cruise and everyone knows those $33 dollar charges adds up fast. I understand the rational behind a 18% tip but if it is mandatory - just add it into the price already

We did the same ... I recall reading on other threads that the gratuity is only if you purchase additional services, but access to the spa itself does not come with the 18% gratuity. I think you're in the clear!

No 18% on the thermal suite pass, only on spa services like massages etc.

More generally, there is never a case where NCL charges you the base price for something ahead of time, and then makes you pay a service charge on top of that once you are on board. If there is a 18% service charge, it is always added up front when you purchase the item. Never in two separate transactions.

Hello all - I bought the spa pass for my husband and I for the Getaway. I paid $179 each. I was assuming that the 18% gratuity would be added at checkout - but it was not. Was the $179 inclusive of the gratuity or do I have to pony up another $33 dollars each at the spa desk when I get there? I look around for an option to add it but I didn't see that option. I just assumed that it would be added at the end, but it doesn't appear that is the case.

I really wanted to pay for everything upfront. I don't want a massive bill at the end of my cruise and everyone knows those $33 dollar charges adds up fast. I understand the rational behind a 18% tip but if it is mandatory - just add it into the price already

There will not be any additional charges. You are fully paid. The thermal suite on the Getaway is wonderful. Enjoy.