RCCL Liberty of the Seas October 9-16

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked a solo cabin on the Liberty of the Seas for 10/9/2016. Joining about 20 other folks who know eachother online from the TiVo Community Forum (Marc and his group). I'm from Long Branch, NJ.

--Doug.

I look forward to meeting you both aboard ship. One of the things I liked most about cruising was the opportunity to meet new people so easily -- sitting at a table for 10 or 12 every day for dinner, for instance. Plus it was always pretty easy to find folks you met aboard the ships we had 20 years ago. :) This'll be my first trip on a "modern" cruise ship (aka hotel). So it will be an interesting contrast to all my (good) memories of past sailings. As it is I can't imagine what it'd have been like back then had we had such easy ways to communicate in advance and afterwards through forums like this and all the other tools and apps available. So many things I read about people being concerned about in advance seem like such petty little things to the "me that went on cruise ships back in those days."

One of the nicer "classy" ships I'd been on was the Nieuw Amsterdam. Not the newer giant hotel of the same name but the 33,000-ton ship from 1983 -- between 1/5 and 1/4 the size of the Liberty of the Seas!

Edited by dswallow

Hi, James and Tony, and Doug, of course!

I'm the one to whom Doug referred. I'm glad this cruise is less than two months away, but I can't help but wish it were sooner.

We were on Liberty of the Seas last October on a 5-night Bermuda cruise, so I'm looking forward to seeing what changed in her last dry dock.

Welcome Marc, we chatted on the Oct 9th roll call, Tony and I are in the Royal Family Suite on deck 8. We are looking forward to meeting you guys. We were on LOTS in Mar right after the dry dock and she is beautiful! Hopefully we can have dinner one evening or meet up at Vintages or the Hoof & Claw. Oct cannot get here soon enough. We are going to be in Galveston a couple days early if you get there prior to the cruise and would like to meet up for dinner let us know.

Welcome Marc, we chatted on the Oct 9th roll call, Tony and I are in the Royal Family Suite on deck 8.

Ah, yes! I'm glad to see some activity in both roll call threads for this cruise.

We are looking forward to meeting you guys. We were on LOTS in Mar right after the dry dock and she is beautiful!

That's great! I have to admit that when I first saw the pictures of her with the slides, I was a bit taken aback because her silhouette was so markedly different. Now that I've sailed NCL a couple of times, I'm getting more used to the idea of having new kinds of activities onboard like water slides.

Hopefully we can have dinner one evening or meet up at Vintages or the Hoof & Claw.

That sounds like a very nice idea. I do like Vintages, although I tend not to find myself going there as much as I always plan to. Having a reason to go there would definitely be a plus for me!

Have drink package, will enjoy wine!

Dinner would be a nice idea, too. Despite my desire to do a lot of pre-cruise planning, I've not yet begun to think about what I'm going to do onboard. Normally, I try to hit all the specialty restaurants, and I probably will here, too. Chops Grille is a staple, and I want to try Sabor again. We had Sabor on Freedom of the Seas, and I didn't make a good choice for my entrée, so I want to try something else.

Oct cannot get here soon enough. We are going to be in Galveston a couple days early if you get there prior to the cruise and would like to meet up for dinner let us know.

I don't want to wish away the summer, but I do love having a cruise to look forward to!