Best ship for dancing ( ballroom)

Lindypops

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the the Costa Mediterranea in the mediterranean last spring it was by far the best ship I have ever been on for ballroom dancing. The floor was fairly large for a cruise ship, with no obstructions. The dancers, those europeans love to dance. It was mostly (but not all) a 50+ crowd. Lots of dancers, very courteous, very complimentary, very fun, language barrier and all! Worth going on Costa again just for the dancing!

I am going on an MSC (also an Italian line) cruise this spring. According to daily programs I have seen, they have 2, 3 even 4 dance classes in a given day. I hope the evening dancing is as good as Costa. If anybody has been MSC please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all . The best ship for dancing that I have been on has been the QM2. The ballroon was great , The biggest that I have seen on a ship. The best ships for dancing will have dance hosts on board. Most ships have them HAL, Radisson, Crystal, Silver Seas, NCL, Celebrity Cunard do . When they have the hosts , you know that they will be playing ballroom dance music. The hosts will dance with all the single women that wish to dance. Most ships will give a dance lesson during at sea days. Some have real dance instructors, others just get a crew member or show dancer to give a lesson

Eric

The best, for me, was the RSSC Mariner - on her South America trip. Four dance hosts, one dance-instructor couple, and unlimited dancing. The hosts were the best trained I have ever experienced! I was in heaven (I'm in heaven..... sing along)

• 1 month later...

My wife and I took dance lessons on the Sea last summer. We were between hurricanes, but were getting some large waves from one of the hurricanes. It made dancing interesting. You would go to put your foot down and the ship wasn't there any more. The whole group would stumble a little and then keep right on dancing. The hosts were great at instruction in class and would help at in the ballrooms as well.

• 3 years later...

I have been on the Costa Mediterranea, Atlantica, and Fortuna, and I am told the other ships of the same class as Fortuna are very similar. The dance floors are all excellent and Costa's policy is to have almost continuous music from aboput 6 PM til 01:30. I now travel almost exclusively with Costa.

I found the dance floors on QM2 and Queen Victoria also good, but the music was a disappointment. Cunard does have properly qualified dance couples as instructors (but International style).

Archived