Seattle-Downtown Hotels

Italy52

Need help in finding a 4-5 Star hotel in downtown Seattle. Would like to venture out and use some of the discount websites (Priceline, Hotwire, etc.) but I don't know what icons to look for, and would be a newbie making a bid. We like the Westin or the Hyatt. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to how I can get the particular hotel we want for a discounted price? Thanks in advance for your help. Our travel time would be August '05.

Sheraton and Westin come up a LOT in the downtown zone.

I think first you should decide if you're comfortable with all the hotels in the zone OR if there's a particular property you want and then figure out how to target it.

Then you can come up with a gameplan on what do to.

Hotwire shows icons but there is no bidding involed.. they tell you the price. With Priceline you are subject to any hotel in the zone at that star level and you put in a bid for how much you want to pay.

-thereuare

<font size="3">BetterBidding</font>

thereuare The hotels we would like to get are Westin (1st choice) or Hyatt (2nd choice). What would I do next to better my chances of getting either one of these hotels? Thanks in advance for the help.

Well if you want to target those two hotels your best bet is to use Hotwire.

No gurantess, but first find the star rating and amenities associated with each hotel and then hope that the correct combination is shown to you on your Hotwire seach. (sorry but rules here prevent me from directly linking to the Hotwire hotel lists)

However, since your stay isn't until Aug '05 you're much too early. Both Priceline and Hotwire will only allow you to book hotels up to 330 days in advance. As well, star ratings and amenities are subject to change, so i wouldn't do too much research on this now as the description of each can change... start doing the 'serious' research as you get closer to being able to make a purchase.

I'll be at the Westin this August.

-thereuare

<font size="3">BetterBidding</font>

thereuare Thanks for the advice. I know Aug 2005 is a ways out there, I just wanted to get familiar with the mechanics of what I need to do further down the line. Hope you enjoy your stay at the Westin, I have heard great things about the hotel.

italy52

i am doing alot of research for a hotel and what to do in seattle as well for may of 2005. go to seattle super saver on the net and you can get a great seattle packet full of wonderful info on hotels, eating, things to do and a book full of coupons. they will be for this year but it is fun to see what they offer and you can read all about the hotels. and there is a great map of downtown. send for it and dream and plan away. have a great time for the next year.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Dusty

Thanks for the information on Seattle, I will check it out today. I know it might seem crazy to do research a year in advance, but isn't that half the fun of cruising?????? My motto is, the more you know, the smoother it goes. icon_smile.gif Thanks again, and good luck to you in your research efforts.

italy

i booked my first cruise a year in advance also. and this next cruise i am booked on is 13 months out. we are a pathetic and addicted bunch icon_biggrin.gif. i was like a sponge and soaked up all the info i could get. i lived for getting on the computer and reading everything on these boards and sites. im glad i could help and i hope the time goes by fast for you. i will be doing alot of research myself for different shore tours this time. have a great time.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Dusty

Yes, we are indeed addicted to cruising. This will be #18 for us. My husband job is so demanding, cruising is the only way for him to relax and forget the outside world. My perk, I get him all to myself. icon_smile.gif No cell phones, no phone calls, no e-mails. Alaska holds a special place in our hearts. We both used to work for a worldwide engineering company. When we first met, he was working in Alaska. We decided it would be fun to go back there in celebration of that time. Well, I'm off to research L.L. Bean for clothing. Got an e-mail from them the other day showing rain gear and fleece tops. Fun, fun, fun!

italy

what a wonderful story. and you are so lucky to have so many cruises to remember. i am just a beginner. my cruise in may next year is going to be as exciting as the first one. and my friend who is going with me ( her husband is a stay at home type and will not cruise ) is counting the days too go. this will be her first cruise and she is so excited. i am letting her decide on all the shore tours so she can do what she wants and have a really great time. so we are just watching the days go by. have fun shopping and i hope to talk to you again soon.

email me at smoore@netexpress.net if you want to chat. i block and delete alot of things so flag me with a '''italy from cc board'' or something like that so i can catch your message. later and have fun planning. and im so envious that you are going sooner than i am. icon_biggrin.gif

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

I'm not sure if The Westin or The Hyatt are really 4 or 5 Star accommodations. The Olympic Hotel, which used to be a Four Seasons but I think is now a Fairmont, is really the best in Seattle. I have to say, the Westin is just okay. If you could consider a smaller boutique type hotel, I think the Inn at the Market and the Alexis are both outstanding.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;8;15;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

The World Ship - Europe July 2004

Okay; I live in Seattle and here is the breakdown of the hotels. All of the ones listed below are in the main area of Seattle which is a very friendly walking city. Lots of great restaurants and tons of shopping. The Pier is only a 5.00 taxi ride from any of these hotels. (You could walk to the Pier if you didn't have any luggage)

The Westin: is the newest hotel in Seattle and the largest a **** hotel. Very friendly and great service.

The Sheraton: second largest and your typical Sheraton Hotel also a ****

The Inn at the Market: A beautiful boutique style property right in Pike Place Market. Wonerful rooms, great service a bit pricey because of its location and tourists who want to stay there. Also a **** property

The Alexis: Is a quant Hotel been there forever has a nice bar and great customer service. A *** star property

The Vintage Hotel: A boutique style property and an older style rooms. Although the service is incredible and there is an Italian restaurant on the property (Tulio) that is wonderful. A *** star property.

These should get you interested in the area. Seattle is a very friendly city with lots to do and once you get there you really do not need a vehicle. I would suggest taking a taxi from the airport to the downtown area (flat 25.00) Then walk everywhere. There are great musuems and the ballfield if you like that type of thing.

If I can answer any other questions, PLEASE let me know. I love the city and would like for you to have a wonderful experience. icon_smile.gif

dst

wow, what a great info post. thanks so much. it is making want to get there sooner. i will check into these and their star ratings. do you know anything about the holiday inn express city center hotel next to the needle. we want to make sure we are close to the monorail and have a great breakfast included in the price. thanks

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

dustyroad-

personally I would choose a different hotel. That part of town is not the best and its a ways out. The other hotels are centrally located. Also our Monorail is a bit limited at this time its pretty much a ride at Disney, they are expanding it to be used for commuters but at this time goes from one end of shopping to another. Fun to do but should not be used to get around town.

ngraystark-

the Marriott is very nice and is located accross from the Pier, its about 4-5 blocks from the Pike Place Market but not far at all. You will get a nice view if you request a room on an upper floor. If you like Seafood Anthony's Restaurant is across the street and is wonderful!

If you guys need anything else, PLEASE let me know I'll put you in the right direction. Seattle is a GREAT town.

dst

thanks for letting me know. that is too bad because they were in our price range and i read they have a great continental breakfast. do you know of anything close to pike market in the 80 to 90 dollar amount. that is all we are going to be able to afford im sorry to say. thanks for any help.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Dusty- try the Hotel Monaco and ask them for a local rate. Sometimes they have rates for people who are there alot. They are right in town and its a very funky style hotel and still a ****. Also the Hotel Vintage Park in Seattle is a really neat old Hotel but call them directly and you may be able to get a decent price there.

Good Luck and if those two don't work let me know and I'll see what I can do from here.

dst

you are the best. thank you so much. i will try them when i get off the net and have a few minutes to check it out. i hope i have good luck.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Friends of ours used Priceline and got The Roosevelt Hotel for 1 night pre-cruise. Could you please tell us anything about this hotel.

Thanks!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;4;10;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

UNTIL SPRING BREAK ON THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS

We're staying at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront on July 10th before our Alaska cruise on Sapphire Princess. I used Priceline and got it for $105 and it was listed as 3*. It was selling Travelocity for $249. Everthing I've read about it is very positive. We're going to try Anthonys, across from the hotel, for dinner on the night we get there. We'll be getting to Seattle airport about 6pm, so we won't have much time, but we'll be sightseeing the next morning before we leave for the ship. Good Luck!

momofcnb- dont know anything about the Rosevelt, do you know where it is and then I can help you out.

Cathymct- the Marriott is a very nice hotel and you will love Anthony's for dinner. Not sure if you guys are drinkers but something you may want to do before going to dinner at Anthony's is try the "Edgewater Hotel" its on the pier just down from Anothony's and has a great feel to it and the bar area (which is on the water) is nice -they also make a mean Martini icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the helpful info! We probably won't get to the hotel until about 7:30 pm and plan on rushing out to dinner. Do you think we'll have time to see the Space Needle after dinner, maybe about 9 pm? I'd love to see all the lights of the city at night. We'll have to leave the next day about 1pm, so we want to squeeze in as much as we can.

cathymct-the space needle will be closed at that time but you could do it first thing in the am, if its a ncie day you will have a wonderful view of the city. Pike Place Market also closes down about 5:00 (its all local venders) but you could head there first thing in the am and get some breakfast, its very neat to see. Seattle is very friendly for walking around and you should be able to see quite a bit until 1:00. As far as after dinner, there are several different pubs and such that I could direct you to but other than that all stores, musuems etc close around 6:00.

Let me now what you would like to do and I'll see what I can do.

Archived