Where to stay in Galveston?

Colts88

My husband and I are going on the conquest the first week of April with another couple. We are trying to find a place to stay for one night before we board the Conquest. We want to stay in a good location. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

I am in the Holiday Inn Spree as I type this, waiting on the Conquest tomorrow. This is a great place, and very clean. It is new, and very well decorated. We even had a towel animal on our bed when we checked in today. I would advise making reservations here.

Luanne

There is free parking while you cruise and they shuttle you to and from the cruiselines.

Lots of hotels are offering free parking & shuttle service including Hilton, Holliday Inn on the Beach & San Luis. Hotel Galvez is nice too but pricey.

We stayed at the Victorian Condo Hotel earlier this month--It worked out well. They also offer free parking for the duration of the cruise and provide transportation to and from the ship.

An added benefit--they are right next door to Wal-Mart for last minute necessities!

I was on the Conquest in November of this year, it was wonderful!! We went down the night before and stayed at the Hotel Galvez. It was right on the water and had a great view of the ocean and was withing walking distance to the Ocean Grill which was over the water and was very good. The Hotel Galvez served a champagne breakfast which was a great way to get our vacation started!! Any other questions, I'd be glad to help!:)

We stayed at the Harbour House last year in December. It was within walking distance to the pier where the Grand was. We could look out our window and see the Grand and one of the Carnival ships pull in early the next morning. I stood outside in my pj's and a jacket watching them dock then I went back inside and opened the window and watched some more. My son (then 12) said the roll away bed was the nicest he had ever had! We also were able to walk a couple of blocks to the Strand district.

I would absolutely stay there again.

Archived