New cruiser ? re:show times

New cruiser here. We signed up for late seating at dinner on Explorer of the Seas. Just wondering if the shows/entertainment is before or after dinner. Also, how long do we have between dinner and show time? How long do the shows/entertainment last? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Cruzing Kimmy

Explorer of the Seas 4/04

I've seen it both ways, although most of the time, the entertainment for late seating is before dinner. On out 4-night on Brilliance, it was that way; on an earlier Infinity crusie in Hawaii, a few of the late seating shows were after dinner.

Brilliance of the Seas - w. Caribbean 12/2003

Infinity - Hawaii 4/2003

Jubilee - W. Caribbean 4/2002

Inspiration - S Caribbean 12/1996

General Henry Gibbons- Puerto Rico 1959

Pvt William H Thomas - Puerto Rico 1956

(OK, these last two weren't really 'cruises')

Last month, when we were on Explorer it varied. Sometimes the shows were early for late diners and sometimes they were after dinner. We were early seating and we finished dinner at about 7:30pm and the show was at 9:00 giving us plenty of time to wander on the promenade or do anything else we wanted to do.

Suzanne

• 6 years later...

Hi, I've notices the shows are varying much more than they used to. The show for second seating was almost always after dinner and would usually start at 10. The last few cruises, the show for second seating dinner varied from before to after dinner..

My solution to this, I now cruise on the cruiselines that offer "anytime dining"--you can eat anytime you want from 5:30-9:30; therefore you can go to any of the shows.

We eat 2nd seating (hate 1st, just too, too early!). We have found both 7 or 7:30 shows for 2nd seating and 10:30 shows. This will be in your 'daily news'. The time before 2nd shows depends on how long your table takes to eat. When we have a good, compatable table we have been the last table to leave the dining room usually around 10:30. But have also been at tables where a couple never eats desert so leaves after they finish their main meal. I seldom have desert but we usually leave the table with everyone leaving together. That's anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes before the shows.

Archived