Tell me about Conquest 1A's

Okay, our cruise is booked. Now, more want to go, but prices are up! I got a good price for a 1A, but don't know about this catagory. I see online, that there are bunks, but have heard that some are just like 4A's(you can push beds together), then I read that some have a bed and a convertable sofa! Have you had a 1A room on this ship? If so, what was the cabin # and how was it arranged? Thanks in advance!

1As come in assorted shapes, sizes, and configurations. Some have pictures windows, some portholes, some nothing. A couple have beds that can be pushed together, some a convertible sofa, some (at least on Valor), an upper bunk that drops out of the ceiling.

Did you get an assigned cabin or guarantee ?

The Conquest has the following 1A cabins:

Cabin # 8357 on the Verandah deck

Cabin # 7345 on the Empress deck

Cabin #'s 6224, 6227, and 6393 on the Upper deck

Cabin #'s 2201, 2202, 2207, 2208, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217, 2462, and 2465 on the Main deck

Cabin #'s 1207, 1208, 1211, 1212, 1426, and 1435 on the Riviera deck

1A description:

Category 1A

Stateroom Upper/Lower

Decks: Verandah, Empress, Upper, Main, Riviera

Occupancy: Sleeps up to 2 guests

dot_clear.gif

Description: Stateroom with upper and lower beds

dot_clear.gif

Square Footage: 185 sq ft

Photo:

5_1a.jpg

Rooms 2462 and 2465 have 2 picture windows and twin beds that can be pushed together. These rooms are 220 sq ft.

There are a couple rooms in the front of the ship that have 2 porthole windows and a sofa with a twin bed.

Great pictures. We had 8357 on the Valor. If you look at the deck plans this room and the 1A on the Empress deck are actually a little larger than the nearby inside rooms. There is a lot of floor space. Plenty of room for Mom and college age daughter. DD got the upper of course 'cause I paid!! Good room for us and got on deck 8 for $500 pp-7-day.

I have 2462 booked for October of this year. I didn't want to go to an inside since I had had either OV's or Balconys before. So, I waited until I seen one of these rooms open up.

I'll let everyone know what they were like after I get back.

I always take a clock and the one time I had an inside room, I wished I had a nightlight. I had to leave the bathroom light on and the door open to see where I was going. It gets so dark in those inside rooms that you can't see your hand in front of your face.

2462 on the Conquest does NOT have two beds on the floor. One on the floor and one that drops out of the ceiling. It does have two picture windows though. Lots of floor space and lots of light from the windows when the drapes are open. IMHO, bathroom is much nicer than the bathrooms on the Fantasy-class ships. I especially appreciated that I didn't have that huge step up into the bathroom like my cabin on the the Elation. 2462 is also conveniently located near the aft elevators (good for those late night pizza runs).

Were you in cabin 2462? I am trying to book something for my son and d-n-l and want to be sure that the beds push together! What about 2465? Please, let me know so I can book! It will be their first cruise! Also, what is outside of the windows? Looks like a deck where people can walk. What about privacy? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

txwildflr

When I made my notes of the 1-A's before I booked, I had it as an upper/lower on the Conquest. So it is a bit different than the photos. Not sure who gave me the information, but hopefully someone can confirm it for you (and me).

Although I think I did fine, I got 7345 as my 1-A. Anyone have a photo of that one?

My TA checked and said this room is upper/lower on Conquest. Maybe that is why it was put back in the pool. Thanks Snoozeman!

Your welcome--thanks for confirming--still looks like a pretty good cabin for a 1-A.

BTW--have a great cruise!!:)

Those pictures are from Wennfred's cruise on the Valor, NOT the Conquest. 2462 and 2465 on the Conquest have upper and lower bunks. This has been reported by Conquest cruisers as recently as Dec 2005.

I'm not certain of this, but I believe that none of the 1A's on the Conquest have beds that will make up into a king. They all have either upper and lower or a twin and a sofabed that makes up into a twin. If the kids want to sleep together in something larger than a twin, they are probably going to want a 4A or better....

Archived