Carnival Spirit room question

YellowRoseTexas

First time to cruise coming up 5/17 :D I have a couple of question about the room if anyone can help - we are in a balcony suite -

1. Is there a iron in the room?

2. Is there ice available (I guess like a hotel or do you order?)

3. Are there plugs in the rooms for say an alarm clock by the bed?

4. Should we bring our own bottled water?

Thanks for anything and everthing!

First time to cruise coming up 5/17 :D I have a couple of question about the room if anyone can help - we are in a balcony suite -

Hello,

ask the stewart for an iron, & Ice (no charge)

I'd bring a wind up/or battery clock so you can keep it where you want.

they have bottled water available for a charge, so buy some in town before you sail, so you don't have lug them on the plane.

we'll be going after you get in, May 24, so don't use up all the ice icon7.gif

There are very few places to plug things in. We always bring a power strip to plug in things like camera battery recharger, curling iron, clothes iron, cell phone charger. Bottled water is rather expensive when you buy it on the ship. We both bring a bottle of water with us and then refill them to take with us in ports when we get off the ship.

Another suggestion that worked well for us is to get an over the door shoe hanger from Wal-Mart, the kind that has clear plastic pockets. It's great to keep your things handy and be able to find them quickly!

You will LOVE the Spirit--we went to Alaska on the Spirit last year and are going again this year! Have a great time, and be sure to write a review for us! :)

Another suggestion that worked well for us is to get an over the door shoe hanger from Wal-Mart, the kind that has clear plastic pockets. It's great to keep your things handy and be able to find them quickly!
We have also used the door shoe hanger on the Inspiration - really didn't need it on the Conquest - at least not in the bathroom - lots of shelves and space. We did use it in the closet to hold our little items and we had one pocket we would throw our S&S cards into at night. Always knew where they were in the morning.

ALSO - used one for shoes. With 4 of us I HATE to have shoes under foot. After we discovered the drawer under the couch on the Conquest we didn't bring that one on the 2nd trip on her. Does the couch on the Spirit have a drawer?

Was it REALLY necessary to have one for the bathroom on the Spirit? I will probably bring one for the closet - but would like to know if I need 2 (one for the bathroom also).

First wow and thanks!!!

But I am panicking a bit now...a shoe bag? Am I taking too much luggage?

I have one large luggage to check and a duffel for a few shoes that I will use to bring home gifts and two carry-ons....will all this fit in the baloncy suite?

:confused:

First wow and thanks!!!

But I am panicking a bit now...a shoe bag? Am I taking too much luggage?

I have one large luggage to check and a duffel for a few shoes that I will use to bring home gifts and two carry-ons....will all this fit in the balcony suite?

Not to panick - the shoe bag is very small and if it's just 2 of you it may not be necessary. You should be able to fit everything fine.

I like your name - I am a Yellow Rose of Texas Recipient.

I did want to add something about the ice. 2 cruises back we "discovered" the pantry. It's the area the stewards use - there is a large ice machine in there. Although your steweard will freshen your ice at least twice a day - and upon request - it's still nice to know where it is.

We are flying in a few days before. We have a roller cooler - that I'm going to use as a carry on - we are renting a car and will be driving to the port - so we are taking someof our own sodas and water. It's nice to be able to refresh the ice in the cooler (although the steward will do that also if you ask). I have no problem doing it myself and really hate to bother them for our cooler.

It's just nice to know where it is. You can even get rid of your room service dishes there - I think it's the mother in me - even on vacation I like our cabin tidy.

Looks like your questions have been answered but I'm just here to invite you to the May 17th Northbound Roll Call.

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=182080

I think we'll be a fun bunch to meet up with plus it sounds like you are a fellow Texan and you know you can never have enough Texans around.

Come on aboard!

See you on board the Spirit in 13 days!!!

Not to panick - the shoe bag is very small and if it's just 2 of you it may not be necessary. You should be able to fit everything fine.

I like your name - I am a Yellow Rose of Texas Recipient.

Sea u on board - what is a Yellow Rose Recipeint?

and Yup - we are Texas raised - me from San Antonio - hubby from the big Houston and looking forward to seeing everyone from everywhere and a little cooler weather sounds nice too!

Thanks to everyone for such great advice!

Sea u on board - what is a Yellow Rose Recipeint?
I was "commissioned" a Yellow Rose of Texas by Governor Perry in Dec 2003. It is given for outstanding dedication and service to the community. I don't think I've done anything special, but it's a nice honor. I don't usually mention it - but everytime I see your name it makes me think about it.

Sea U Onboard:

I was "commissioned" a Yellow Rose of Texas by Governor Perry in Dec 2003. It is given for outstanding dedication and service to the community. I don't think I've done anything special, but it's a nice honor. I don't usually mention it - but everytime I see your name it makes me think about it.

NOW THAT IS SOMETHING TO BE VERY PROUD OF! Glad my name reminds you of it! Congrats to your achievement!

Archived