To Rasul or not to Rasul...that is the question!

Planning a cruise next May. It will be our 3rd anniversary. And I would like an opinion on the Rasul treatment. What is it exactly? Is it worth the money? Thanks in advance!

I did a Rasul once with the wife at a Canyon Ranch Spa. It was okay. Basically you smear different kinds of mud over each others body while you sit in a very steamy chamber. Afterward we both thought it was silly and not worth the $$. I would say a nice massage for the two of you would be just as good and probably cheaper. BTW, they had unqiue chamber for the one we had where you could sit down and face each other. I don't know if the ships have the same thing or not.

good luck.

We did the Rasul on the Navigator a few years back. We had done a similar thing (Surail) on Disney two years prior to that. On the Nav, the day we did it, it was a very 'rocky' sea day (long story) and we were slipping and sliding all over the tiled room -- while just trying to sit or talk.

So it was not very comfortable.

We did not do this on our recent BOS cruise -- and would do a couple's

massage before we did this again. Just based on our own experience.

BUT for another opinion, I will tell you that my brother and his wife loved it on the Disney Magic. So it's really very subjective.

Oh yes! Well, let's just say that you make the rasul as good as you want it to be. ;) DH & I did this on Princess on New Year's Day - what a way to start the year! DH is NOT into spa treatments, but once I told him about this one, he was all for it. Afterwards, I asked him if he thought it was worth the $$ and he was agreeable. Asked if we could do it on Carival this New Year's and unfortunately they don't have it... but I told him we could do it in Alaska just 6 months later and he grinned. OK - TMI!

If you like to spend quality time with your SO, with muds, scrubs, lotions, steam rooms & showers then you will enjoy it. There is no one else in the room, but the two of you. They set you up and then lock the door for complete privacy. And from what I have read, the RCCL rooms are better than the Princess rooms, so that is a plus.

Although we had an enjoyable experience, I would definetly do a couples massage next time! The attendant did not do a very good job explaining the shower to rince off and we never did figure out how to turn it on the whole way, and she failed to tell us to close the inside door, so it would really steam up. My sister and husband were scheduled immediatley after us and something broke after they had mud all over themselves, they too couldn't figue out the shower and he had to go the whole way to the front desk in his robe half covered in mud to get someone. They couldn't fix it and by then the "mood" was kinda killed anyway! They gave them credit towards a massage after arguing with them that they didn't want to try the Rasul again later! They said their massages were great!!

Disney was great!

The RCCL AOS was not so great. :mad: Little instruction given and we could not use the rain forest room because the water was too hot.

If you decide to try it, be sure and ask lots of questions before allowing the attendant to leave. Be sure you know where the hot water shut off is to the rain shower.

Below is a "copy and paste" from a review that I did a few years ago about the rasul - We had a wonderful time! That day was our 30th anniversary - I hope we have the chance again.

This was the day that we had our rasul massage - it was a total riot and a great chance to just be silly and have fun. For those who haven't heard of it yet I will try to explain. There is an area that has a small shower off a dressing room that has a sauna area attached. The sauna is very typical although the seats on the sides and walls are a marble material. There are 5 different types of "muds" to use on the skin - first is a large salt crystal mixture, next an oatmeal/fiber mixture and the other 3 are a clay/mud mixture. The idea is to smear it all over each other - the first 2 exfoliates the skin - the second 3 are masks for the skin. We had a wonderful time laughing and being totally silly - it was very much like finger-painting in kindergarten in a very steamy room. After about 45 minutes it rains from ceiling vents and the mud is washed away. Then it is off to showers and trying different lotions finally getting dressed. It was great fun and there was no selling of products afterwards. Ken said his skin has never been so soft.

Below is a "copy and paste" from a review that I did a few years ago about the rasul - We had a wonderful time! That day was our 30th anniversary - I hope we have the chance again.

This was the day that we had our rasul massage - it was a total riot and a great chance to just be silly and have fun. For those who haven't heard of it yet I will try to explain. There is an area that has a small shower off a dressing room that has a sauna area attached. The sauna is very typical although the seats on the sides and walls are a marble material. There are 5 different types of "muds" to use on the skin - first is a large salt crystal mixture, next an oatmeal/fiber mixture and the other 3 are a clay/mud mixture. The idea is to smear it all over each other - the first 2 exfoliates the skin - the second 3 are masks for the skin. We had a wonderful time laughing and being totally silly - it was very much like finger-painting in kindergarten in a very steamy room. After about 45 minutes it rains from ceiling vents and the mud is washed away. Then it is off to showers and trying different lotions finally getting dressed. It was great fun and there was no selling of products afterwards. Ken said his skin has never been so soft.

Sounds like Heaven! Maybe if the price is right I will try it.

A price would definitely help! :confused:

Experienced Rasul on DCL and it was great fun. Since we have 3 young children with us, not much alone time! I am planning on scheduling one while on the Mariner, however I am hearing it is 3 times the price for the same thing. Doesn't make sense! :rolleyes:

Did the Rasul on our "honeymoon" cruise. We are older, second marriange. I thought it would be really fun to do all that rubbing, etc. DH couldn't breathe well when it got steamy and we had to quit. Even with half, my skin felt really soft but we won't try it again.

It's fantastic!!!

We did it on Mariner and on Jewel

The one on Mariner is bigger so you can lie down in the steam room.

On Jewel the steam room wasn't working. So we got to play with mud but no steam. However they let us come again for free so we got to do the "mud fight" twice :D

The price was $99 but you can use your C&A vouchers to get a discount

GOOD FUN!!!

Sylvia ~ Thanks for the information. $99 seems a more reasonable price that the one I saw on another thread. I enjoyed it as well! If it is still around the same price, it is well worth it! :)

Yeah $99 isnt bad at all!

How long do they let you stay in there???:confused:

We did it on the Disney cruise (two different cruises) and loved it ($69 on DCL). We will definitely do it on our upcoming RCCL cruise in November. There is no better deal, in my opinion, than this treatment. You get lots of high-end muds to smear on each other. Then you do whatever you want (wink, wink) while you wait for the mud to work its magic. Then you rinse off, and your skin has never been so smooth! And all for $69 (DCL). My husband is NOT a spa guy at all (doesn't even enjoy massages) but is totally into this treatment!

The Disney treatment is 1 hour long.

Yeah $99 isnt bad at all!

How long do they let you stay in there???:confused:

It's about 1 hour, but they don't rush to get out. Last time they said if we bought any of the products we'd get the rasul free or half price (can't qutie remember though)

I also recommend the couples massage class, you get to learn a few nice things. It was $50 and you get a bottle of massage oil with it.

We had about an hour (55 min.) on DCL. I think it's standard. They just need st-up time in between couples! :)

Definitely worth the $$ especially if you need a little alone time. Have connecting cabin with the folks. My 3 kids will be with us so we need an hour alone!!! ;)

Archived