WESTIN DIPLOMAT RESORT & SPA

SFParrtHd

Iam very curious about this Hotel my wife and I have booked this hotel for our pre cruise (April 27th,28th). You never see any comments on these boards regarding this hotel. The hotel is locted in Hollywood. Would be VERY happy to hear from anybody that has first hand info on this place.

Thanks Bob and Dona

I looked into this hotel when it was first opened a few years ago - the hotel looks awesome. The only negatives at the time was that there were no restaurants around the hotel and that food on the property was very expensive. This was about 2-3 years ago and I am not sure if things have changed or not. I also would not book the hotel unless I had a rental car (probably since I wouldn't want to be confined to the hotel restaurants).

Otherwise all of the comments about the resort hotel were fantastic.

Located on the Atlantic Ocean

from

http://www.diplomatresort.com/

TripAdvisor user reviews

from

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34296-d271867-Reviews-The_Westin_Diplomat_Resort_and_Spa-Hollywood_Florida.html

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

We stayed there after a cruise 2 years ago. The hotel and beach/pool is beautiful. But it not near anything. We took a cab to/from the ship and dinner (nearby the hotel) cheaper than a car rental for 2 days. Thhe food in the hotel is very expensive but it is a Westin

Absolutely The BEST hotel room I have ever stayed in and I stay in a LOT of hotels!.

The room makes the ships cabin look like a Hampton Inn from a quality and comfort standpoint....but, I still LOVE crusing.

I think Westin calls it the "heavenly room". Try to get an oceanview.

Hey there

I have stayed at the hotel many times and it is one of my favorite hotels.I stay there everytime I am in the area.Food is expensive the steakhouse called Prime is one of the best I have been to,There is a pool bar and resaurant called Splashes and the food here is good and not terrible (you won't have to mortgage the house).Cabs are that expensive and you could always grab one to the Adventura mall,there you will find a bunch of good places to eat including the Cheesecake Factory.I hope this helps.

Tom

Archived