Is Cabin Across from Elevator on Coral Noisy?

JeannetteC

I didn't have much choice on a late booking to Alaska. I booked an aft cabin on the Coral Princess right across from the elevators on the bump-out. Do you think there will be any noise? My cabin is on Caribe. I could move to Baja deck further aft (about 3 cabins from the elevators). Or, I could take a guarantee for a mini-suite on Caribe for $400 more. Any suggestions?

I've been in the midship bumpout on Coral, very near the elevators, and had NO noise from the elevators whatsoever. But, there is another consideration with the elevator lobbies. There is one cabin each on the port and starboard side that is directly visible (into) from each elevator lobby, when the cabin door is open and there are people waiting in the lobby. I wish I could tell you which cabins those are...but I can't. Maybe it's obvious on the deck plans? Not a big deal, just something you might want to know. Personally, I wouldn't pay more or move from Caribe to avoid those cabins.

"I'm gonna book myself on that Princess Cruise."

-- Fox Mulder, X-Files 'Three Words'

We will also be on the Coral, southbound, on the Baja deck (cabin B309 to be precise). It's near the elevators and I've been told it won't be a problem, but to watch out for the line of sight when the door's open!

We're sailing from Whittier on 7/10. When is your trip? Bon voyage!

Ann

We've been in cabins by the elevators on both the Island and the Golden. No problems whatsoever. In fact it's rather nice to get off the elevator and pop right into your cabin!

KB

NCL NORWAY - 2000

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2001

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2002

HAL NOORDAM - 2002

HAL VOLENDAM - 2003

ISLAND PRINCESS - NOV. 2003

HAL VOLENDAM - JAN. 2004

Have been by elevators several times (although not on Coral Princess), and with the exception of heavy storms, have not noticed any undue noise from the elevators, other than the occasional drunk.

In heavy storms, you can sometimes hear the "cars" banging about in the shaft, as the ship is reacting to pitch and roll forces. On Golden Princess' trans-Atlantic of fall 2000, when we hit those two Atlantic storms that delayed us to New York, the elevators were protesting rather noisily, as did the windows that "popped out" and shattered along Prom Deck.

Michael

Last January, we were in cabin C427 onboard Coral Princess. No noise at all. Even when you sit inside the elevators, you won't ear anything (except for that ladies voice saying "Caribe... Deck 10".) icon_biggrin.gif

So, don't worry about noise and have a great cruise !

Alain R.

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

Want to see some pictures from our cruises ?

Just go to:

Alain & Linda cruises pictures

... and enjoy !

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

1995 - Regal Princess (Eastern Carrib)

2000 - Sea Princess (Western Carrib)

2002 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib)

2004 - Coral Princess (Panama canal)

2005 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib Meddley)

Time left before our next cruise (2005 Dawn Princess):

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2005>

<param name="month" value=3>

<param name="day" value=20>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

"Stars are brighter when you look at them from sea !"

• 1 year later...

Just got off the Island, and the four cabins with unrestricted sightlines into the aft elevator would be like 629 and 631 (and really, it's not an issue, with 631 being a large suite - they could really only see the entryway, wet bar and part of the seating area). We were in 627 (BD Balcony) and I was *very* apprehensive about elevator noise, and I swear, we didn't even hear the "bong" tones announcing arrivals. Those elevators don't seem to have as much traffic as the ones far forward that lead to the Horizon Court. Both myself and my partner were astonished that the cabin was as quiet as it was, and it was very convenient for access to the gym/spa/Lotus Pool. I would not hesitate to book these aft cabins again.

Eric

I didn't have much choice on a late booking to Alaska. I booked an aft cabin on the Coral Princess right across from the elevators on the bump-out. Do you think there will be any noise? My cabin is on Caribe. I could move to Baja deck further aft (about 3 cabins from the elevators). Or, I could take a guarantee for a mini-suite on Caribe for $400 more. Any suggestions?

To address your other comment, about the minisuite, I would say that if you can spring for the $400, I would go for it. The minisuites on Coral are very nice with a full sofa and a large bathtub.

Archived