Airfare from NYC to San Juan

We are thinking about booking a Southern Carribean out of San Juan in November, however, right now the airfares are almost as much as the cruise! Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to handle this? Also, how much are the air add-ons? I usually book air on my own, but these fares are ridiculous. Just off Golden in March-wonderful cruise. Will I be disappointed if I book Carnival Destiny in the fall?

That was going to be my suggestion!! Find out what the air thru the cruise line will be and make you decision that way. We had the same issue fron Ny to SJF this Feb. Actually the cruise line was a little less than standard fares plus transfers to and from the pier were included. Worked well. Also this was a direct flight. icon_cool.gif

Destiny is a much older ship....and I have never sailed Carnival. Doesn't the Dawn go out of the Southern Carib anymore?

We were having the same problem. I actually saved about 600 by flying into Ft Lauderdale on Southwest and found a sale on American from there. You might check flying into Orlando or Fort Lauderdale on one airline and from there on another.

Judy

Till our Golden Princess

Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;7;4;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We flew from JFK last March to SJU for $225 non-stop! We drove from upstate & met other people doing the same thing because it was so cheap. Try checking on Travelocity - we always get awesome prices through them. We just flew to LA from Albany for $200!

Sheila

Diamond Princess 3-04

Sea Princess (back-to-back) 3-03

Sun Princess 3-02

Golden Princess 10-01

Sea Princess 3-01

• 9 months later...

My wife and I are booked on the Golden Princess on 4/17/05, embarking from San Juan. I purchased my airfare today on http://www.cheaptickets.com for $225.00 per person r/t (non-stop). This is a great deal so I jumped on it. Also, you may want to consider traveling mid-week to Friday. Weekend flights or same-day cruise flights can cost considerably more. I always fly to my destination at least one day in advance and book a hotel room prior to next day embarkation. Hope this helps.

John

My wife and I are booked on the Golden Princess on 4/17/05, embarking from San Juan. I purchased my airfare today on http://www.cheaptickets.com for $225.00 per person r/t (non-stop) departing from Newark Liberty Airport. This is a great deal so I jumped on it. Also, you may want to consider traveling mid-week to Friday. Weekend flights or same-day cruise flights can cost considerably more. I always fly to my destination at least one day in advance and book a hotel room prior to next day embarkation. For this particular cruise, my wife and I are doing a pre and post cruise stay. Hope this helps.

John

I always check cheapair first. You can punch in the times you want to fly, avoiding all the bunched tickets. For this cruise I found that continental guarantees their web fare to be the lowest... and for us it was- for a nonstop out of Newark. good luck!

I'd try Jet Blue. If they're high for the day you're leaving, it's usually because it's a holiday. They fly out of Kennedy.

We've found that Jet Blue's expensive flights are usually cheaper than other lines cheap flights.

I vote for Jet Blue, they are the best. We use them alot from DC to Ft. Lauderdale and are using them to Long Beach for the Diamond in Feb. It is great as they fly into LB not Lax which is much closer to ship. We did do our return on Sun rather than Sat due to better price and concern with slow ships clearing in LA, saved enough to pay for hotel and car by changing 1 day

Randy

Try Jet Blue or Try Spirit Air. Spirit flies out of La Guardia, I did not know the dates of your cruise so I plugged in Nov 15 through 22nd to check a fare and the round trip to San Juan was $232.00 lncuding taxes

You didn't say when you're traveling in November but, if you're traveling during Thanksgiving week. GET YOUR AIRLINE TICKETS EARLY! Like Christmas, flights to San Juan sell out quickly for the Thanksgiving weekend and the entire week. BTW - Travelocity offers free fare watching so you might want to sign up for that service. Last time we went down to SJU we actually flew out of Newark, it wasn't a bad drive time, and, it's worth considering if you're flexible about your departure/return airport.

Its pretty early to try to book air travel for Nov now unless its thanksgiving week. Try about 6 months before but eeven then the airlines run deals as late as September. My wife & I flew down for the Southern Carribean last Memorial day weekend on Delta & paid $280 round trip for the two of us. Just a little more then a flight to Florida. Yes both ways were non-stop flights

Archived