Wind Surf Sports Platform

rogfam

I will be on the Windsurf mid August, and had read on this website about problems with the sports platform. I emailed Windstar, and received a reply today.

Due to what they claim is lack of parts from the manufacturer, they are unsure if it will be operational by my cruise. That's over two month from now, what are they fixing the space shuttle???

• 3 weeks later...

We have been on the Wind Surf and used the kayaks a couple times. What they do is to launch them from the tender paltform. If the tender operates from the port side, the kayaks are on starboard. Unfortunately the sailboats and banana boat rides were not available that way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is quite disturbing. We sailed the Surf late September 05 Rome to Malta and there were all kinds of excuses as to why it was not working, it would be fixed soon, etc. When passengers book their cruises with the intent of engaging in watersports from that platform it is fraudulent for this cruise line to advertise that they have such a platform. Why is it that they cannot seem to get it in good working order? We have been on three cruises with Windstar and have another planned for New YEars to Costa Rica(not on the surf) so i hate to see this.

As far as the banana boats go, I don't think they're available on any of the three ships anymore. We were told on our Windstar cruise last year that there were too many passenger injuries and they have been eliminated. We were also told that they were adding the tubes that follow the ski boat (can't think of the name), but the tubes had not been delivered as of January.

Beth

Archived