Baja 750 beam pictures

LVScooby

Did this beam totally ruin your balcony for you? We have B748 and B750 on the CB, which should be identical. Did we make a mistake? We are in B748, my sister and her husband in B750 and I don't want them to be disappointed....

Thanks!

Wouldn't that be nice to find for the first time when entering your cabin on embarkation day. :eek:

That is why I wanted to post these photos so hopefully more people can make a better informed decision as whether to book this cabin or not.

You are right, it would be quite a surprise! :eek:

WOW :eek: what were they thinking?! We're in B756 and am hoping that these lovely beams are not part of the decor on all these aft balconies!! Can you imagine showing up and not having been told anything about this?

Thanks for posting these pictures. I am next door in B748. It looks like I'll be safe. Is this cabin listed as obstructed view?

My husband is on the heavy side and in need of a knee replacement. He may have had a difficult time getting around the obstruction. As it is he showers in stages, in a balcony cabin, but he makes that sacrifice for the aft view!

Oops! I looked at the pictures again and he's not that big...

Did this beam totally ruin your balcony for you? We have B748 and B750 on the CB, which should be identical. Did we make a mistake? We are in B748, my sister and her husband in B750 and I don't want them to be disappointed....

Thanks!

Not a mistake at all. You will all have a good time. The B750 is not ideal for all 4 of you, but since you can have the door opened between the cabins, you can all hang out at B748.

Here are some pics of our favorite spot on the ship...the end of the balcony. Ahh...sun bathing, reading, napping, etc...

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYuHLho2cM3Sw

Thanks for sharing the pictures. If they are unhappy we can just switch cabins with them. I don't want them to be disappointed as I've been telling them how great an aft cabin will be...and I don't think the beam would bother us at all. It still looks like a great balcony and it looks like you have more room in front of the beam than a balcony on the Aloha or Baja deck...

:D We'll be fine. After all, we'll be cruising. Who could ask for more?? :)

I'm guessing B751 has the beam (same room, opposite side). It's the room I'm booked for, and when we booked it, our travel agent did not that it was listed as a partially obstructed room. What I am disappointed in is that the agent called princess to ask them exactly what this meant, and they said it was listed that way because of the way the balcony to the right stuck out more. While it looks like it could be worse (looks like you have balcony space in front of it), I'll probably write a nasty letter to princess about misleading us. I do have to admit I'm a little surprised it's a BB class with that type of obstruction.

I'm guessing B751 has the beam (same room, opposite side). It's the room I'm booked for, and when we booked it, our travel agent did not that it was listed as a partially obstructed room. What I am disappointed in is that the agent called princess to ask them exactly what this meant, and they said it was listed that way because of the way the balcony to the right stuck out more. While it looks like it could be worse (looks like you have balcony space in front of it), I'll probably write a nasty letter to princess about misleading us. I do have to admit I'm a little surprised it's a BB class with that type of obstruction.

If your agent didn't tell you it was listed as a partially obstructed cabin, why does Princess deserve your nasty letter?

I guess it's not considered an obstruction since it is set back a few feet from the balcony rail. If you'll note in the first photo posted, there is a table and chairs on the other side of the balcony. The entire balcony area looks a bit claustrophobic to me, being so enclosed.

I just posted on another thread about the aft room. I am in b756 and my brother is in 754 so we will be beam free and if we wanted we can open the partition. is this something we do ourselves or do we need the steward to do this?

Suzy Cruisy,

You seem to have all the answers! I have been hearing about this beam ever since we booked B751 on the Grand Princess. I have never been able to conclusively confirm whether this suite also has the "beam problem". Do you know? It is not a deal breaker, but having the right expectations makes for happy sailors :) !

If your agent didn't tell you it was listed as a partially obstructed cabin, why does Princess deserve your nasty letter?

Apparently I had a typo in my post that may have made it look like I said the TA didn't say it. I meant to say that the TA did note that it was listed as partially obstructed, but then the info she got directly from princess was very misleading as to what the obstruction was. Amazing how dropping an e from a word can make it look like a completely diferent meaning :).

What catagory is this cabin? Are people aware of the obstruction?

Janet

The category is BB. I booked via an online resource and the agent told me about the obstruction. He didn't have any details on it, but did confirm with me that it did have one. Of course, I already knew that from posts by our CC friends here!

MNYTRPS2GO2- If your husband needs a knee replacement, why take an aft cabin? We were midship and loved our location. The ship is big, and having to walk the long distance to and from the aft cabin may be more of a problem than it's worth.

Archived