Transfers from SFO airport to Pier 35

Skittles

This topic may be here somewhere... is it better to get the cruise transfers from/to the airport to the ship's pier or take a cab? Same cost? Are there airport transfers to hotels at Fisherman's Wharf (provided by the hotel).

• 3 weeks later...

We live near the airport and a cab to the pier probably will cost you close to $50, plus tip. I've never heard of any Wharf transfers provided by hotels. There is also SuperShuttle, which could take you from the airport to a Wharf hotel or pier for less than a cab if there's only two of you. We've never taken it, but friends have. It's at http://www.supershuttle.com.

FYI, the airport is not in San Francisco and the pier is downtown SF. It is quite a distance between the two. I agree that SuperShuttle is probably the most economical way if there are only two. Otherwise, a cab is your only option, besides the cruise transfers.

You may want to consider taking BART (the rapid transit train) from SFO to downtown SF and then a cab to the pier from downtown. Or you can take BART to the Embarcadero Center and then a streetcar to the pier.

• 3 weeks later...

The pier is down by Fisherman's wharf, but way down the street, depending on where the ship is docked. Pier 35 is the shopping area, so you can count from there.

Oakland to Fisherman's wharf is shuttle to BART, then BART to Embarcadero. You can catch the trolley to Ghiradelli Square from across Market St. right at the Embarcadero BART Station.

SFO has a BART station right in the terminal, so it's a lot more convenient than Oakland to get to Fisherman's wharf. Go to Embarcadero Station like above.

Airport transfers for most cruises run about $20 pp, but SF and Oakland might be more. I'd take a cab to the Embarcadero Station if you don't have a ton of luggage and then BART into SFO. The trip is about 30 minutes.

Peggy, Thank you for your reply on transportation. We probably will have too much luggage for the Bart. I think we will order the Super Shuttle for our transportation from the cruise pier to Oakland airport. Princess does not offer "transportation" to the Oakland airport.

Archived