Sensation moving to Mobile Alabama

bahia puller

The Monday 4/9/2007 Mobile Press Register has an article that implies the Sensation will be moving to Mobile in the Fall of 2007 and replacing the Holiday.

Article also said the Fantasy class ships are about the largest the Mobile ship channel can handle because of its turning basin, so it cannot get any of the newer and larger ships.

The Monday 4/9/2007 Mobile Press Register has an article that implies the Sensation will be moving to Mobile in the Fall of 2007 and replacing the Holiday.

Article also said the Fantasy class ships are about the largest the Mobile ship channel can handle because of its turning basin, so it cannot get any of the newer and larger ships.

Actually this is what the article said..time will tell..Oh and it would be Fall of 08 not 07.

http://www.al.com/news/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/news/1176110353238630.xml&coll=3&thispage=2

Carnival said it has no plans to replace the Holiday, but Mobilians who attended last month's Seatrade convention in Miami came home believing otherwise.

Leon Maisel, president of the Mobile Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau, sent a memo to Cruise Task Force members after the convention that contained a tantalizing bit of information: a credible source from Carnival said the Holiday will be replaced with a larger, newer ship next fall.

That ship most likely would be the Sensation, according to the memo.

Article does say 2008 as the year for getting a larger ship ,but then states next fall. Would next fall not be 2007.

No, THIS fall is 2007, NEXT fall is 2008 :D

Had it said THE next fall, that would be this year :D LOL

I think Carnival is seeing the slow recovery of New Orleans and sees Mobile as a better Gulf Coast port.

Also one more bad storm and New Orleans is finished. It is sinking a inch or so a year and has brand new bad pumps installed by the Army Corp of Engineers.

Of course - being in Mobile, I think this is great news! I look forward to trying out any new ship that comes to town. I love the Holiday, but I would also love to see a new ship too!

I may even cruise out of Mobile if the Sensation goes there :D The Sensation may be an older ship, but she is in great shape and still my favorite!!!! I wonder if they will get her fixed, since she apparently can't do any long distances?? I wonder what the itinerary will be...

I may even cruise out of Mobile if the Sensation goes there :D The Sensation may be an older ship, but she is in great shape and still my favorite!!!! I wonder if they will get her fixed, since she apparently can't do any long distances?? I wonder what the itinerary will be...

we were talking about this on another thread last week, too. hope they do. in light of the announcement to re-vamp the entire fantasy class, you'd think they wld fix the propulsion problems too, else it's a bit of a waste of $ to do those upgrades to sensation. hope they fix it!

What's wrong with her.

The Holiday still shakes from hitting a pier 2 years ago.

we were talking about this on another thread last week, too. hope they do. in light of the announcement to re-vamp the entire fantasy class, you'd think they wld fix the propulsion problems too, else it's a bit of a waste of $ to do those upgrades to sensation. hope they fix it!

You would think if they are pulling her from her current schedule, they would HAVE to fix the propulsion problems!!! And with her being in drydock for a month, that is the perfect time to fix them!!! The Sensation is a great ship.... she still has plenty of life left in her!!! I definitely want to cruise her one more time!!!

You would think if they are pulling her from her current schedule, they would HAVE to fix the propulsion problems!!! And with her being in drydock for a month, that is the perfect time to fix them!!! The Sensation is a great ship.... she still has plenty of life left in her!!! I definitely want to cruise her one more time!!!

me too! all of these fantasy class ships (which i like to begin with) are going be fantasic w/ this new renovation, i bet. your B2B is gonna be an awesome cruise. wish i cld go:o . no one to watch the kids, too much school lost to pull 'em out.

What's wrong with her.

The Holiday still shakes from hitting a pier 2 years ago.

Sensation had propulsion problems. Unable to travel as fast as would be required to reach ports of call. That is the reason it was left in FL to do the shorter runs & Fantasy was sent to Nola instead.

Purple...lots of purple....sailed on a four nighter out of Tampa on her.

So Chris would that be S&S5 Saints and "Sin"sations...LOL

Purple...lots of purple....sailed on a four nighter out of Tampa on her.

So Chris would that be S&S5 Saints and "Sin"sations...LOL

LOL, that is how the S&S group originally got it's name... the first cruise was on the Sinsation out of NOLA :D Would do it again in a second!! Man that was a great cruise...

LOL, that is how the S&S group originally got it's name... the first cruise was on the Sinsation out of NOLA :D Would do it again in a second!! Man that was a great cruise...

Or so she has been told.:D Lucy had fun anyway.;)

One advantage to Mobile is that the drydock at Atlantic Marine is right across the river from the cruise terminal. Perfect port to place the ailing and infirmed ships. :) When Sensation was in drydock here last spring I watched it back down the river half a mile from the terminal to the drydock. We had a good laugh because we couldn't figure out why Ecstasy, Elation and Sensation all came to Mobile and they sent Holiday all the way down to Grand Bahama for it's drydock. Guess they have their reasons. Grandeur OTS is supposed to be here in Mobile soon for a drydock. I think this is when they knock the big dent out of the side. Now they'll be able to quit lower life boats to hide the dent when they are in port. LOL.

Thanks for the info. That is interesting news. I'm just wondering what ships will be at Port Canaveral (other than the Glory) since the Elation is leaving soon, too.:)

Maybe the 3 and 4 day Bahamas cruises merit bringing in one of the larger, Spirit class ships to replace the Sensation.

As long as they keep the short cruises out of Port Canaveral.

Bill

This is great news. I have been hoping they would be able to get a bigger ship here. I hope everything goes according to plan. Since, my whole family lives in Mobile, including myself, it is no problem to just get dropped off at the pier and picked back up. No traveling, hotels, or parking fees. :)

Archived