Aft Balcony Beams

Murphey

So I take it that you got stuck with this lovely view?

Oh yeah. Our TA even called Princess, to find out what the "obstructed view" meant, and Princess told her that the balcony next door stuck out further, so you couldn't see straight to one side. A total lie.

However, it did come in handy during the "tilt". DH said it made for a wonderful handle to hold onto as the ship leaned. His side had bruises for weeks.

It actually wasn't too bad. One lounge chair can sit totally in front of the beam sideways, and another right next to the beam. Plus, you have so much space that they give you that table & chairs as well. If you're prepared for the beam, and it's the only aft available, it's livable. It was only so bad for us, because our TA had tried to find out, and was lied to. However, due to CC, we knew about it before the cruise, but wanted the aft anyway. Another poster here (Kevin & Sue, not sure of their CC name) actually got a credit, due to it not being listed properly.

-Cathy

On the Crown B748 and B749 are the aft corners with no obstruction and a great view.

We were in B748, next door to B750 with the beam.When the neighbors stood between the beam and the partition their voices carried into our cabin,but we loved the view and location and would book it again.I also have a feeling they may have been doing it to be ignorant...

We are in aft C753 on the Star out of San Francisco but not until Nov. '08, hopefully no beam on the balcony. Can someone enlighten me? Really happy to get that cabin but then started thinking.........

Thanks

Ohhh...this is the cabin (on the Golden, but the same) that got us hooked on aft balconies. It's great. The side of the balcony curves just a little, so you get great views!! Happy Sailing!!!

Thank you, now I am feeling really good about that aft cabin. Wish we could have gotten it for our cruise on the Golden in November but booked too late, they were already taken. The only way we got the one on the Star was to book it when they first came out on the website....... Just wondering if anyone has been in C248 which is our cabin on the Golden in Nov. It's more toward the front of the ship, couln't get any midship.....too late.

That is cabin C753--

You will be fine with that one:)

I was lied to also by the booking agent when I booked the Crown for myself:eek: When I got the invoice it said "obstructed View":confused: I called back and asked for an explanation........"Oh no problem. It means that you cannot see over the railing very well.":rolleyes:

I came over here to CC and got the correct answer (I was not familiar with the Crown aft bal.)

Changed it very quickly and got C753 for me and C752 for a client on the same sailing.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had cabin D734 on Golden (or sister ships)? I have it booked for next year but am getting a bit worried with all the talk of beams and obstructed views. I've searched a lot of posts but haven't been able to find any detailed comments on this cabin or photos. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

I have had aft balcony cabins on Celebrity Millennium class ships and they are amazing - I was hoping this one would be similar?

Thanks

Andrew

On the Crown B748 and B749 are the aft corners with no obstruction and a great view.

We were in B748, next door to B750 with the beam.When the neighbors stood between the beam and the partition their voices carried into our cabin,but we loved the view and location and would book it again.I also have a feeling they may have been doing it to be ignorant...

We are thinking of switching from C702 to B749 aft just for something new. What do you think? Thanks, Diane

Has anyone had cabin D734 on Golden (or sister ships)? I have it booked for next year but am getting a bit worried with all the talk of beams and obstructed views. I've searched a lot of posts but haven't been able to find any detailed comments on this cabin or photos. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

I have had aft balcony cabins on Celebrity Millennium class ships and they are amazing - I was hoping this one would be similar?

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew - the beam goes through the corner of the balcony of the suite next door. You are in the clear. (We had D736 on Grand Princess).

Archived