Are you able to sleep the night before you leave?

needalatte74

No, not really,at least not much of a sound sleep. I have a habit of setting more than one alarm clock in case power goes off in the night. The last

2 cruises I have set my cell phone alarm clock as well as the regular one!

I will probably not sleep for a good 3-4 days prior to our cruise coming up in September. We are getting married the day before we cruise and I'm gonna be a nervous wreck for a good week!! Oh, how I can't wait though for all the events!!

~Brandy

I get in bed early but I don't fall asleep until hours later because I'm worrying about what I may have forgotten, do I have enough clothes, do I have enough money. I stay up thinking about everything that could go wrong.

It depends on our "leaving the house" time! If it's early--I'm always afraid I'll miss the alarm somehow!

We usually leave the day before--and don't try and go too early--that way, I can sleep, finish the packing, etc... without being stressed! As long as we get there before dinnertime, I'm good to go! And, at that point, my cruise has started, whether we're actually on the ship or not!

It depends on our "leaving the house" time! If it's early--I'm always afraid I'll miss the alarm somehow!

We usually leave the day before--and don't try and go too early--that way, I can sleep, finish the packing, etc... without being stressed! As long as we get there before dinnertime, I'm good to go! And, at that point, my cruise has started, whether we're actually on the ship or not!

I agree with you! My vacation usually starts the minute I leave work and lasts until I walk back in the door for work when we get back!

I don't usually have any problems sleeping the night before the cruise because I'm usually within 5-10 minutes from my ship.

The night before I fly out, I usually will stay up all night and get very little sleep only so that I can be very tired and sleep on those long flights. This time, I'm not flying out until early evening, so I'll be busy cleaning and getting the house ready for the sitter. I am usually packed and ready to go the night before. I have never forgotten to bring anything and I am not worried at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you kidding! LOL!!! :D :D

I am too excited about the cruise to sleep the night before. I most always fly in a day early and I still have trouble sleeping through the night.

I have found that even arriving the day before, I am up before dawn and raring to get to the ship!

DH and I are only 20 minutes from the port and after 30+ cruises I still find that I wake up every hour or two. The day will start at 5:00 AM just because I'm excited. Thats the fun. When I sleep all night before a cruise it might be time to try another type of vacation.;)

I normally cannot sleep before a vacation. Our last cruise was different.

We had everything packed the the morning before. The only thing we had to do was drop the dog off and take care of a few things around the house. After that....sleeping was not a problem....because we drank Dos Equis and shot tequilla for a few hours. We were soundly sleeping by 8pm.

I'm one of those people who can sleep most nights without problems, even right before vacation...hubby however is a different story. He gets so excited that he's up most of the night before, THEN does most of the driving (as I tend to drive the speed limit):p .

I would have more difficulty sleeping the LAST night of cruise/vacation, as I know that its soon "back to real life."

I never sleep the night before I travel. I am usually too excited. There was the one time my other half was oncall the night before and his pager went off a million times, so sleep just was not possible. Ohhhhhh and the time I packed the night before..:eek: ..bad move.lol

Laura

Not me... I become a nervous wreck the night before.. :D

Plus I'll be leaving the house around 3:30am (6am flight plus drive time) There's not way I'll be able to sleep the night before..

Actually, by the time the night before the cruise rolls around, I sleep like the dead. I have no choice after being awake for the week before that. *GRIN*

Cheers!

Tee

Actually for me, I was not excited for or even thinking much about my (first) cruise in May on CCL's Legend. Two reasons: 1) I had gotten married the week before, so had to focus on first things first. 2) I was originally absolutely stoked about the cruise with two stops in Mexico, but Dean took out Costa Maya on my birthday last year. :mad: I am obsessed with Mexico, and there was only one stop there thanks to Dean. That was enough to take away all my hype... until I got on the ship. I loved my cruise from the moment I got on it.

Now if I ever were to go on another cruise I would be alot more excited. Especially the new Dream Western Carib itinery... my Dream itinery... then I would not be able to sleep! Anything else I'd probably still be whatever about.

We normally stay at a hotel the night before we travel, and after all the packing and worrying about everything l sleep well because l am so tired.

I worry about waking up in time and have every alarm call available, ie hotel reception will ring., alarm on hotel phone, my mobile and t.v. + my battery alarm clock.

There is no way l will miss my flight and cruise !

We'll be driving to port - taking 2 days. I won't sleep well the night before we leave (never do when starting a trip the next day), but should sleep well at the hotel (We stay in Hilton/Hampton/ Embassy Suites properties which have the "Heavenly Beds" -which they definitely are!)

Plus I can doze in the car while Dh drives. I want to be well-rested for my first evening on the cruise.:)

Heck no....With my wife packing all night, I get no sleep at all....:) :D :)

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

• 3 weeks later...

Archived