Athens- Private tour recommendations please

Can any of my fellow CC recommend a tour company for Athens and anything they especially loved in this port? Thanks!

I will second Paul at Greektaxi. Our Driver Dimitri was great, we got the larger van and had a group of 15. It worked out very well as we were almost first of the ship, at the Acropolis at opening and were done before the huge tour bus crowds arrived. It was a great first stop on our cruise.

Happy Planning

Spiros of Spirostaxi will fulfill everything from Getting you to the Acopolis early - thus beating the lines to a 'local meal' that makes you want to go back - now would be good. All the sights adn history you can handle.

We met Nick by accident - he had just dropped off his private tour and we had just eaten and wanted to go back to the ship.

How I wish we had taken a tour with him instead of booking the excursion through the ship. I wanted some Greek pastry before heading back to the ship and Nick took us to a wonderful family bakery. He lived in Athens all his life. He was a warm and friendly man, and we enjoyed our spur of the moment tour with him.

If I ever get back there I will be sure to contact him.

Here's his email address:

nikos@limotaxi.gr

http://www.limotaxi.gr

Archived