Beginning 1/1/09, Shareholder OBC will be combinable with............

Today (12/19/08) I received an email from Linda Buchanan from Investor Relations and beginning January 1, if you are a Shareholder you will be able to combine your Shareholder OBC and P/D/D+ balcony discount along with cashing in any VISA points.

So I guess this means that being a shareholder now will be more beneficial than booking a NC/FC while on a cruise.........since, if I understand how things will be after December 31, you can not combine an OBC from a NC/FC with a P/D/D+ balcony discount.

I see a war brewing between Investor Relations and C&A...........since IR is giving us two benefits and C&A is only allowing us one!!:(

Today (12/19/08) I received an email from Linda Buchanan from Investor Relations and beginning January 1, if you are a Shareholder you will be able to combine your Shareholder OBC and P/D/D+ balcony discount along with cashing in any VISA points.

quote]

Thank you Patti for keeping us up to date. 3 is better than none!

So I guess this means that being a shareholder now will be more beneficial than booking a NC/FC while on a cruise.........since, if I understand how things will be after December 31, you can not combine an OBC from a NC/FC with a P/D/D+ balcony discount.

I see a war brewing between Investor Relations and C&A...........since IR is giving us two benefits and C&A is only allowing us one!!:(

My goodness. Another change?!:mad:

It's like Deja Vue (10-15-08).

The Visa was clear, now they decided to combine the stockholder OBC with the balcony again. Not that I complain but geez....you figure that such a big company would have some kind of policy and they stick to it and everybody knows about it.

I hesitate to modify the chart. Maybe I make a little note to it. Someone needs to test that. :D

My goodness. Another change?!:mad:

It's like Deja Vue (10-15-08).

The Visa was clear, now they decided to combine the stockholder OBC with the balcony again. Not that I complain but geez....you figure that such a big company would have some kind of policy and they stick to it and everybody knows about it.

I hesitate to modify the chart. Maybe I make a little note to it. Someone needs to test that. :D

I'm sorry that I had to screw up your beautiful chart.:o

I'm sorry that I had to screw up your beautiful chart.:o

Oh I really don't mind. If it is positive let's keep messing it up. :D

I am just peeved that they change as much as I change my underwear - daily (I think...:D).

It just adds to confusion.

Well, the month is not over yet. Many more changes can happen. :p

I'm glad to hear the news.

I was wondering since I am sitting with a Next cruise that I purchased in September (before I knew about the change to go into effect). Can I use it to book a 2010 cruise and state that I don't want a credit so I can get the balcony discount along with the shareholder credit?

I already have two cruises booked for 2009 and one for 2010 .I would use it now if the full schedule for 2010 was out. I know once the schedule comes out I will be looking to book another cruise from Bayonne (there have been rumors of a Freedom class coming to Bayonne).

Geri

Thanks Patty, this is the same answer we've gotten from the LA on Majesty and a number of C&A reps. The difference is that they also claim that the SH or a NC will be combinable with balcony discounts, but not both. The only one who has not agreed with this is the LA on the Navigator who was adament about the balcony discounts can't be combined with either the SH or NC effective Jan. 1. Guess she's just plain wrong.

Thanks again for the confirmation.

I totally regret buying Next Cruise certificates.

We agreed to the terms offered at the time of purchase. Now they are doing the ol' bait and switch.

RCCL should grandfather those who bought Next Cruises before the changes were announced. If not...

I want a refund! :mad:

Thanks for keeping us informed Patti!

We agreed to the terms offered at the time of purchase. Now they are doing the ol' bait and switch.

RCCL should grandfather those who bought Next Cruises before the changes were announced. If not...

Thankfully we already booked a cruise using our N/C certificate.When we purchased the N/C the Loyalty Ambassador and I discussed how great the combined benefits are.I agree with others that the cashing out of OBC was one of the reasons for the changes.I always considered the OBC's a good excuse for my DW and myself to use the spa...................Frank

I asked the LA on the Explorer about combining onboard credits and our platinum balcony discount. She told me that the platinum/diamond balcony discount has not changed and that it will be combinable just as it is today. But that the NC and shareholder's obc will not be.

Thankfully we already booked a cruise using our N/C certificate.When we purchased the N/C the Loyalty Ambassador and I discussed how great the combined benefits are.I agree with others that the cashing out of OBC was one of the reasons for the changes.I always considered the OBC's a good excuse for my DW and myself to use the spa...................Frank

Not fair, those of us who frequent Speciality Restaurants and use Ships' excursions shouldn't be punished because we booked everything online and can't use our OBCs to pay for these. Who told you the problem was due to people cashing in OBCs? Sounds like a CC rumor without much merit!

I'm not at all surprised.:(

However, I believe that Dale was actually inquiring about combinable benefits regarding NC/FC bookings.

That is correcto mundo Patti, I received a call from Adam Goldstein today from my email about that issue balcony discount/NC OBC and was told as of 12/31 they will no longer be combinable because of the state of the economy is in. I really have to believe that they are hurting like everyone else even though that decision affects us who do not have Stocks. We did not resolve anything on the phone but was impressed that I did get the call and not a form letter saids alot about RCL to me in a positive way. So the call ended with we agree to disagree over the decision. I do feel a little bit better after talking with them. And who knows they might change their mind....they have all ready on the stocks.

I am also the proud owner of 2 "Useless" next cruise certificates.

I may be totally incorrect here but I thought we had until Dec. 31, 2008 to book with our FC certificates to get the combination of FC & stock holder OBC. Can anyone enlighten me if this has changed? Thanks!

Thanks to you Patti & to you Fredmdcruisers for confirming it. This made one loyal royal very happy.

Some folks post guesses and speculation here. Sometimes they even claim it is fact. But if you have followed Patti's posts you will see that the info she post is always backed up with confirmed facts and actual conversation with someone at RCCL. (not trying to embarrass her - just trying to explain how I knew you could trust what she has posted)

Archived