Westerdam Aft Deluxe Verandah Suites

TITISSA

I need a little help deciding which deck to book an aft deluxe verandah suite on the Westerdam for February 2010 cruising the Caribbean. This will be for 3 people. Do they have access to the Neptune Concierge Lounge? Please give me your opinion. TIA.

We were on the Westerdam last June, stayed in a Deluxe Verandah Suite on the Rotterdam deck, Suite 7088. My DH called it aft. It was a short walk down the hall to the Neptune Lounge. When staying in the Deluxe Suite you have access to the Neptune. We loved this suite and booked it again for next sept. Plenty of room for 3. HTH:)

We were on the Westerdam last June, stayed in a Deluxe Verandah Suite on the Rotterdam deck, Suite 7088. My DH called it aft. It was a short walk down the hall to the Neptune Lounge. When staying in the Deluxe Suite you have access to the Neptune. We loved this suite and booked it again for next sept. Plenty of room for 3. HTH:)

Was your balcony very windy and did it have enough room for 2 lounge chaises?

I'm not Pokeynose, who (judging by no green light next to the name) isn't on line right now. But I can say my aft SC on deck 5 was just fine for the 3 of us (all adults), and had 2 loungers, plus a table for 4. Wind wasn't a big issue - but that can change on any cruise, due to weather.

It seemed a hassle to get to the Neptune, but that was the only (small) negative.

Was your balcony very windy and did it have enough room for 2 lounge chaises?

This was a cruise to Alaska so the temps were not warm enough to sit very long on the balcony. But yes it was a very big balcony. We had 4 chairs and I think two small tables. We had one very windy day, that was when we were heading to Victoria BC. When we were by the Glaciers we did have to dress warm to be on the balcony but no wind and we took many pictures. I even saw ice breaking off. We did sit out a few times during the cruise, again with a warm jacket. When we were docked in Victoria it was at night and so beautiful and warm but we had smokers next to our balcony and they made it impossible for us to sit out very long since my DH has COPD. The walk to the Neptune was not a problem. To me this was the perfect suite. Hopefully on our next cruise, no smokers.:)

Look on the deck map and you'll see where we were. We were not on the end of the ship, we had to walk back to the Neptune Lounge down one hallway.

• 7 months later...
This was a cruise to Alaska so the temps were not warm enough to sit very long on the balcony. But yes it was a very big balcony. We had 4 chairs and I think two small tables. We had one very windy day, that was when we were heading to Victoria BC. When we were by the Glaciers we did have to dress warm to be on the balcony but no wind and we took many pictures. I even saw ice breaking off. We did sit out a few times during the cruise, again with a warm jacket. When we were docked in Victoria it was at night and so beautiful and warm but we had smokers next to our balcony and they made it impossible for us to sit out very long since my DH has COPD. The walk to the Neptune was not a problem. To me this was the perfect suite. Hopefully on our next cruise, no smokers.:)

Look on the deck map and you'll see where we were. We were not on the end of the ship, we had to walk back to the Neptune Lounge down one hallway.

I hope you are still on and can help. I have been getting mixed reports about this room. We have it booked for Europe and being SB and HAL shows it as holding 4 I thought it was the same size as the SA's. Now I'm hearing it may not be. Can you enlighten me on the cabin please? We were in SA before and loved it. Thought the balcony would be nice here for Europe, but if the room is only as large as a Superior Verandah (as some have alleged) I am going to be very dissapointed, so I would prefer to know now, forget it and enjoy the cruise. Thanks so much Jacqui

I hope you are still on and can help. I have been getting mixed reports about this room. We have it booked for Europe and being SB and HAL shows it as holding 4 I thought it was the same size as the SA's. Now I'm hearing it may not be. Can you enlighten me on the cabin please? We were in SA before and loved it. Thought the balcony would be nice here for Europe, but if the room is only as large as a Superior Verandah (as some have alleged) I am going to be very dissapointed, so I would prefer to know now, forget it and enjoy the cruise. Thanks so much Jacqui

kazu, From looking at the photos of SA 7053, SA 7076, SS 8088 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html and deck plans for SB 7088 I'd say that the Stateroom SB 7088 is a lot bigger than my SA 7076.

Joanie

kazu, From looking at the photos of SA 7053, SA 7076, SS 8088 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html and deck plans for SB 7088 I'd say that the Stateroom SB 7088 is a lot bigger than my SA 7076.

Joanie

thanks again Joanie, I thought so too until I read Dutch by Hal. I hope you're right and I was. We'll see and I will let you know. thanks again so much for answering. Jacqui

Kazu ~ We were in SS 8088, and then had aft corner SC 4185. We felt that the "main cabin area" was comparable between them, but the aft SC cabin had the additional "dressing area" which, technically, added to the overall square footage, if not necessarily the "main" cabin size.

Now, was that clear as mud, or what??? :D

Kazu ~ We were in SS 8088, and then had aft corner SC 4185. We felt that the "main cabin area" was comparable between them, but the aft SC cabin had the additional "dressing area" which, technically, added to the overall square footage, if not necessarily the "main" cabin size.

Now, was that clear as mud, or what??? :D

thanks. yes, I understand what you mean. To me, a Deluxe Verandah advertized at 'x' square feet should be larger than an SS no matter which deluxe category you are in, but I am learning real fast. I guess I will have to wait and see. thank you so much. Jacqui

Archived