Has anyone taken a case of soda or bottled water on Royal Carribean recently

2kidsforus

I have read that some people have been permitted to carry on cases of soda and bottled water onto Royal Carribean Ships. When I called to ask they said you can not bring any beverages or food on board. If you have an open bottle of water you can bring it, but you would have to thow away the soda. if you have cruised with RC recently and had success doing this please let me know. We are sailing on Serenade of the seas March 14th. Thank You!!

This past Nov on the Grandeur I took two 12 packs of caffeine free diet Coke on board. I took clear packing tape and taped them together and put a luggage tag on them. No problem having them delivered to my cabin. I've seen cases of bottled water being delivered to cabins also. I brought two 16.9 oz water bottles in my checked baggage to refill from time to time at the water/ice dispenser by the Windjammer. Wife put an already opened bottle of water in her suitcase and had to go to the 'naughty room' to get her baggage. She wanted the bottle because it had the pop-up spout.

We took water and soda aboard last year and plan to bring on both again this year....

T&C on the site says :

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol.

I take that to mean that they allow water and soda on board.

We had a cooler full of Dr. Pepper ;) in-laws had a cooler full of water ;) on the Voyager. The porter told us no coolers so we put it back in the SUV but my in-law's porter said they same thing. They told the porter that they called RCCL and they said it was ok. When they got to their stateroom, their cooler was in with the luggage with all of their bottled water onboard.

In December, on Navigator, we carried on two 12 packs of diet coke, 8 bottles of water and 10 bottles of Propel in our carry on. After it went through x-ray, they had us open the suitcase, saw that it was soda and said that it was fine.

Same thing happened on Enchantment last April.

Sometimes the CSRs get confused and think soda and water have alcohol in it.:rolleyes: You are allowed to bring on reasonable amounts of soda and water. Now, if you are trying to bring enough onboard with you to open your own convenience store, then that would be another story.;)

We recently brought a 12-pk of water aboard and did the slap the luggage tag on thing. When it showed up with our luggage one bottle had been taken out. We just thought someone was thirsty-now I'm wondering if they took a bottle out for testing just to make sure it wasn't vodka of tequila! :)

We recently brought a 12-pk of water aboard and did the slap the luggage tag on thing. When it showed up with our luggage one bottle had been taken out. We just thought someone was thirsty-now I'm wondering if they took a bottle out for testing just to make sure it wasn't vodka of tequila! :)

Same thing happened to me. I took a 24 pack of water and saw that they had rummaged through it. They are looking for smuggled stuff. ;)

We've brought a case of bottled water and two cases of caffeine-free diet coke on all three of our RCI cruises and have never had a problem. We pack them into a large transparent plastic beach bag as part of our checked luggage. We've also bought cases of water at St. Thomas and walked onto the ship with it. No problem whatsoever.

Last year when we went on Vision we took 3 cases of coke and only 2 showed up. We never did find out what happened to the 3rd one, but when our room attendant came and asked if we received everything on the first day we lied and said yes. I didn't think it was worth it to send him looking for a case of coke. Just be warned it could not show up even with a luggage tag.

Archived