Is it OK to pack carton of soda in carry-on?

I'll be departing Fort Lauderdale on RC and would like to take a carton of sodas in my carry-on bag. Does anyone know if security searches might prevent this as they would on an air flight search? Prefer not to pack in main bag due to weight. I'd appreciate knowing if anyone has done this recently.

You can bring as much liquid (non-alcoholic) as you like onto the ship---the TSA rules do NOT apply to ships--only to airplanes.

You can bring it without "hiding" it---slap a luggage tag on it, and they will deliver it. That will save you from having to lug it around the ship until your cabin is ready!

I'm glad to hear that they'll allow nonalcoholic drinks to be brought onboard. My husband really likes Diet 7-Up or similar and the ship only seems to have Diet Coke (no non-caffeinated choices in diet version). We'll have to visit a grocery store in LA before we head over to the ship. Thanks!

I'll be departing Fort Lauderdale on RC and would like to take a carton of sodas in my carry-on bag. Does anyone know if security searches might prevent this as they would on an air flight search? Prefer not to pack in main bag due to weight. I'd appreciate knowing if anyone has done this recently.

I have done it without incident. I DO prefer to pack bottles rather than cans. If the suitcase gets handled a little rough then the bottles can take more of a beating. I would suggest wrapping them in plastic bags if they go in a suitcase. That way if they do spring a leak then it is contained.

You can bring as much liquid (non-alcoholic) as you like onto the ship---the TSA rules do NOT apply to ships--only to airplanes.

You can bring it without "hiding" it---slap a luggage tag on it, and they will deliver it. That will save you from having to lug it around the ship until your cabin is ready!

Hello CB (fredericksburg, va - we're at lake anna, va)

So if I pack soda and water and check it at the pier, I won't be called to the naughty room? I would hate that! All contents would be sealed. Thanks!

We packed an empty duffle bag, went to Walmart and bought bottled water and sodas, and put it in the bag..not trying to disguise it, but to save a huge mess should the plastic packaging on the water bottles tear, and leave loose bottles all over the place...Made it more convenient for the luggage people, I would hope...versus individual packs..

David:D

I found that the space taken up by the sods in the suitcase is replaced on the trip home by souvenirs!

Exactly! We always carry an addtional (small) luggage bag w/wheels and are able to fill it with a 12 pack Dr. Pepper and about 6 pack water bottles. (For some reason people really go crazy when the see us with the Dr. Pepper onboard! LOL). Once the contents are empty, we use the luggage to fill with the souvenirs we've purchased during the week (or dirty clothes LOL).

Archived