Might need to cancel. Please help with info.

kindercruiser

Hi! I may need to cancel a 3 night Carnival Sensation on Nov. 6, 2009. I am 65 days from sailing. I booked a super saver that does not give you back your deposit and just paid the final payment which was actually due Sept. 6 last week. I know I can't get my deposit back, but if I cancel and do so right away, would I get back my final payment money? Thanks for your help.

We're also booked on that cruise and it's going out November 5th.

If you are before final payment, you should be able to cancel and get everything back, unless you have some sort of special booking that makes your deposit non refundable (ES).

If you booked ES, and you are before final payment is due, you should be able to get your final payment back, plus all but $50 of your deposit. The remainder will sit in an account for a future cruise within 1 year.

I'm sure others with more experience will come and post. Sorry you won't be joining us.

you are still before final payment, so you can cancel up to Sept 6th without penalty if you booked "super saver" . If you booked "Early Saver" cancel by Sept 6 to get back your remainder of the fee, but they will keep $50pp forever, and hold the rest of the deposit for you to book a future cruise within a year.

If you wait until after Sept 6 to decide, you'll have to read your cruise contract, as it is laid out in the contract exactly how much you will get back at each point in time.

Archived