Amerisuites FLL 17th street

luv2bcruzn

Does anyone have any info on restaurants or shopping near this hotel. We are booked to stay here before and after a February cruise. Is this hotel okay or should we cancel and get a different hotel. The reviews on tripadvisor were very mixed and one even said the neighborhood was not very good. Thanks for the info.

Take Tripadvisor reviews with a grain of salt, the reviews on this board are far more accurate then that of the latter. A number of decent restaurants nearby including Outback Staekhouse, Del Rio Tex Mex. Shopping theres Publix supermarket and Walgreens nearby if that helps. The neighborhood is fine, no need to worry. ;)

We stayed at Amerisuites in November. Neighborhood was ok but not sure I'd stay here again. Desk clerks were very unorganized. Hotel was overbooked and they were trying to have people move to other hotels. Rooms were not ready. Breakfast buffet was a ZOO in the am. No place to sit. We took ours back to the room. We got a cab instead of waiting for the shuttle. Price was good but next time I think I will try Priceline...

We also booked Amerisuites on priceline for 8 rooms for a cruise wedding party on April 1. Seems like an excellent rate for spring break week. Cheapest on line was $99

We have stayed at several Amerisuites elswere and found the accomodations to be clean and well kept. This is an older building so things may not be perfect but 95% of the reviews are vavorable. Triple AAA rates this hotel a 3 star.

For Breakfast all I can say is get there early. There are generally seats for about 20-30 people in the lobby area where the breakfast is served. Once the kids start waking up and those families come down it gets to be very busy. However, we are all going on a cruise so we are relaxed and patiant..... right ?

Remember early or very late. Besides there is always the noon buffet on the ship as a backup.

I know they have a shuttle to the port. However, our experience with those shuttles is that it is a mob scene to get on. All those people going on a cruise tend to get to the one shuttle at the same time. Even reservations don't seem to work. Soooo... as a back up be prepared to get a cab. I'm sure for our 25 person wedding party who have to be at the ship by 10:30AM, we will have to find other ways to get to the ship.

We stayed here in March 2003 and again now Dec 2004 and we were really very suprised. They are working very hard to renovate it and what we have seen to date is very pleasing!! New carpets, curtains, bedspreads even the couches are being replaced. It will never be the Ritz but then you are not paying Ritz prices either (you get what you pay for!!!) The best offers we see is almost always valuetrip.com.

• 2 months later...

Dollfan,

We will be on the Carribbian Princess on April 2. Yes our neighbor's daughter is getting married on board. We are also taking daughter, son in law AND 23 mo old grandson. Should be one heck of a cruise.

By the way, when we were down for our February cruise, we checked out the Amerisuites. It is a great facility and there are a number of resturants within walking distance.

I noticed the Amerisuites is the only 2.5*downtown on hotwire. I booked next Dec 17 precruise, and Dec 23 between cruises (Quasi btob) for $65 + tax. Usually use Priceline, but for the holidays this seemed like a "fair" deal. This past Dec 24th precruise I had to go to $139 (on priceline) to get the Hyatt Pier 66. Nice place, but just a typical hotel room.

Enjoy!

Kel

WE stayed at Amerisuites 17th. in 2003 - our first time in FLL. Not bad but DW

found the bed very firm. No problem with pickup at the airport and shuttle to

the ship (but it was a Monday sailing). Walked to the bridge for great pictures

of the 11 or so ships in port on the Sunday. Lunch at the marina nearby was

good and several small strip malls in the area. Breakfast was good. Not luxury by

any means but we felt it was good value. There was a 'manager's special' when

we booked then but nothing near that price this year so we are staying at

Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port.

Was there on December 20th and the room was good, plenty of room for us (3) and luggage, Outback is a short walk away. There is a Liquor Store, Winn Dixie and another market up the street and a block over.

The Breakfast Buffet was expanded to include juices, coffee, tea, milk, fruit, pastries, toast, bagels, muffins, scambled eggs, bacon and sausage (may have been Ham slices too), cereal and make-your-own-waffles. It was the perfect breakfast to have before going to the pier.

They have two shuttles and go to both the airport and the pier. They even picked me up at the airport after I returned my rental car. The beauty of it being an all-suites property, is that you can take the food back to your room to eat, versus finding a seat in the lobby/buffet area. Coffee (Regular & Decaf) and Hot Water for Tea is available in the lobby 24/7.

The rooms have a coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, plates and utensils, ironing board and iron. Enjoyed my stay there very much.. And Outback was the perfect place to meet up with fellow CC'ers (about 20 of us) the night before sailing ..... what a party it was!

Archived