Laundry room on Nautica

azkitty

It's a small pen-shaped item that you can whip out of your pocket when you spill anything on your clothes. Simply take the cap off and press the pointed end against the stain a couple of times to release the cleaner, then make small circles around it. (Like a mini-wash). The stain will disappear!

I brought three of them on our June cruise and, like StanandJim, never visited the laundry room.

We purchase them at our local grocery chain supermarket.

Tide itself is a major US laundry detergent brand of consumer products giant Procter & Gamble (still headquartered in Cincinnati). P&G came out with these pens a few years ago.

There is also a blue coloured Tide "Mini Pen". Smaller in size than the longer regular Tide Pen. Also, it is a good idea, from experience, to take a Tide Pen with you to dinner, in case of "dribbling". The Tide Pen works better if it is applied to the stain ASAP.

There is also a blue coloured Tide "Mini Pen". Smaller in size than the longer regular Tide Pen. Also, it is a good idea, from experience, to take a Tide Pen with you to dinner, in case of "dribbling". The Tide Pen works better if it is applied to the stain ASAP.

Thanks, I willl have to look for the blue one; I had not heard of it.

I only use the Tide pen immediately (so I bring one to all dinners on board). I did not know you even could use it at other times.:) .

We were just on Regatta and did six loads of laundry. Never had any problems just running the dryer once -- on regular or permanent press. The loads were completely dry every time, and most of the loads were decent sized.

Using the laundry on sea days is pretty impossible. We had stopped in England for three days before the cruise, so we were running out of laundry a bit before everyone else, and the laundry was pretty empty as early as we tried. We also found that a) you can be in line just when they unlock it at 7:30 A.M., and b) you can, alternatively, run a load of wash close to closing time (10 P.M.), and then be there first thing in the morning and have easy access to dryers. If you start a dryer at 7:30, you can just fetch it and catch a 9:00 tour.

Archived