Laundry room on Nautica

azkitty

When we sailed on the Nautica in June of 2006 there was a self serve laundry room on deck 7. I don't see that on the deck plan. Do they still have one (or more) and where? Have they removed/replaced it or is just not listed on the new deck plan?

When we sailed on the Nautica in June of 2006 there was a self serve laundry room on deck 7. I don't see that on the deck plan. Do they still have one (or more) and where? Have they removed/replaced it or is just not listed on the new deck plan?

One of the best deals on the ship. $1.50 to wash ad 1.50 to dry, plus they have the irons and ironing boards. We washed a couple of times.

They usually just at the cost of the tokens to your on board account.

I get 3 tokens ...just in case the dryer does not dry the heavier things first time round;)

If you do not use them just return to reception for a refund

They supply soap in the wall dispenser ...you need to push the button on the dispenser that corresponds to the washer #.

Make sure you check which buttons on the washer/dryer unit (stackable) turn on the machine you intend to use.

I have seen people put the wash in the washer then turn the dryer on

Lyn

Thanks for the cheat sheet on laundry. We once flooded a German laundry pushing all the buttons on a wall trying to find the one that turned on our machined. :o Embarrassing even if we did not understand what the laundry attendant was saying~~

We loved the laundry room and made a few friends while waiting for a load to be ready to switch machines. As we went early and stayed several days afterwards it was so nice to be able to wash our clothes. We used it twice. The best time to go was late afternoon, really approaching the dinner hour. Don't even think about it on a sea day!

Thank you for all the information, it is really helpful. I thought this was a dumb question but this just proves the old adage that only dumb question is the one not asked. I'm not sure how the soap works, is is added automatically when you insert your token? Also should we pack some dryer sheets in our luggage for the dryer? Thanks again for all the tips, they are very much appreciated.

We did take a few dryer sheets in a baggie and found them helpful. Took up no space and seemed to require less ironing, etc.

:)We always leave a few dryer sheets in the luggage between trips so that the bags don't get that musty smell.

:)We put a few more dryer sheets inside of the shoes that we're packing, then stuff them with socks (to maintain their shape) just before they go into the shoe bags.

:) Although the Laundry room sounds fun and social, we have other fish to fry (those Martini's wont drink themselves, people!). So, in order to keep the dirties to a minimum, we never sail without

tide-to-go-stain-pen_071308.JPGIt is a Godsend

:) Although the Laundry room sounds fun and social, we have other fish to fry (those Martini's wont drink themselves, people!). So, in order to keep the dirties to a minimum, we never sail without

tide-to-go-stain-pen_071308.JPGIt is a Godsend

Indeed, G-d bless Cincinnati's Procter & Gamble.:)

Hi, what is 'Tide to Go' ? Never seen that in Australia

It's a small pen-shaped item that you can whip out of your pocket when you spill anything on your clothes. Simply take the cap off and press the pointed end against the stain a couple of times to release the cleaner, then make small circles around it. (Like a mini-wash). The stain will disappear!

I brought three of them on our June cruise and, like StanandJim, never visited the laundry room.

We tried them and found they do stain/change the color of some things.

Use with care.

We used the clothes line in the bathroom for some drip dry, (try blow up hangars, they are great) and sent things out to the ships laundry. They now have a fast service, in by 7pm out by 7am.

You paid thousands for the cruise, what is $20-30 for laundry!

Sounds like a plan, but we're going to be on Nautica for 35 days so I'm probably going to need quite a few pens - did you buy them on the ship or prior to sailing?

We purchase them at our local grocery chain supermarket.

Tide itself is a major US laundry detergent brand of consumer products giant Procter & Gamble (still headquartered in Cincinnati). P&G came out with these pens a few years ago.

We tried them and found they do stain/change the color of some things.

Use with care.

That comes from applying too much of the product to the stain.

We have been very happy with this product, but certainly I do not suggest it is a substitute for doing laundry. It simply saves you doing laundry for a couple of individual stains on a clothing item.

Archived