Majesty of the Seas, just got home....

We had a great cruise, with wonderful weather. Our SO cabin was a really good choice. The food, entertainment, crew, just everything was top notch. Couldn't have asked for a better vacation. I'm working on a review, with pictures that I'll post soon. Just wanted to do a quick "we got home" post first. Any questions that I am able to answer, I'll be glad to try!

was Capt Bjorn Johansen captain? He's the best and the crew love him. That's why MJ was #1 in the fleet this summer.

Yes, Bjorn Johansen was our captain. Our cruising was easy peasy, and we were asked to wakey wakey because of him. He also dealt black jack one evening. He took part in the show the last night on the ship. He is a great captain!

We had a great cruise, with wonderful weather. Our SO cabin was a really good choice. The food, entertainment, crew, just everything was top notch. Couldn't have asked for a better vacation. I'm working on a review, with pictures that I'll post soon. Just wanted to do a quick "we got home" post first. Any questions that I am able to answer, I'll be glad to try!

Hi cruising48/51, great to hear of yet another happy cruiser returning from the Majesty. My partner and I will be sailing on her next Monday (9/14). First time in a SO. How much or little was the view obstructed and what was your stateroom number if you don"t mind me asking?

Who were the entertainers? Were the production shows still Boogie Wonderland and Signed Sealed Delivered or have they changed? Glad to hear Capt Bjorn is on duty. He was awesome last year too. We sail on her on Mon 9/7, so I can't wait to read your review! :D

Glad to hear the cruise was sooo good. Just booked this ship and it will be my first time on RCCL. Looking forward to it.

Were you able to stop in Coco Cay?

Does this ship sway more in rough seas then say a newer ship?

Did you try MTD and is there a particular dining room you have to go to?

What were the DOD's they offered? Price?

Well glad your back safe and sound if you could answer any of these that would be great if not OK. Thanks:)

Yes we stoped at Coco Cay.

It was mighty hot at Nassau, Coco Cay, and Key West.

The seas were as smooth as I've ever seen them. Looked like 6 inch swells :cool:

Had one guy hadcuffed and taken off the ship but I forget whether it was in Nassau or Key West, and had a domestic dispute on Floor 7 the last night of the cruise. Boy that was quite a scene in the hallway. :eek:

Hi cruising48/51, great to hear of yet another happy cruiser returning from the Majesty. My partner and I will be sailing on her next Monday (9/14). First time in a SO. How much or little was the view obstructed and what was your stateroom number if you don"t mind me asking?

Hi wallypbear! Our stateroom number was 9540. The view straight out the window was fine. Looking down we saw a lifeboat. We still saw out the window.

Who were the entertainers? Were the production shows still Boogie Wonderland and Signed Sealed Delivered or have they changed? Glad to hear Capt Bjorn is on duty. He was awesome last year too. We sail on her on Mon 9/7, so I can't wait to read your review! :D

Yes, the shows are still Signed Sealed Delivered, Boogie Wonderland, a juggler named Ivan Pecel, and a comedian named Steve Bruner. The cruise director is Drew Devine. We went on an excursion with Tiffany, one of the singer/dancers. She was really nice. We Segwayed with her.:D

Glad to hear the cruise was sooo good. Just booked this ship and it will be my first time on RCCL. Looking forward to it.

Were you able to stop in Coco Cay?

Yes, we did and it was beautiful! DH and I had a couples massage there, which was awesome!

Does this ship sway more in rough seas then say a newer ship?

Can't say about this, because we had calm seas all the way.

Did you try MTD and is there a particular dining room you have to go to?

Sorry, we didn't try this option, but in the cruise compass it says MTD is in the Starlight dining room, with reservations recommended by calling 3333.

What were the DOD's they offered? Price?

Day 1 Blue Monday. Day 2 Bahama Mama on the Rocks. Day 3 Margarita on the Rocks. Day 4 Mango Cooler. All are $6.84. All are "keep the glass".

Well glad your back safe and sound if you could answer any of these that would be great if not OK. Thanks:)

Glad you are trying RCCL. We are trying Carnival for the first time next year. We may be back to RCCL, but just couldn't pass up Carnival's prices!

Thanks for the update Crusing! Just finished packing a little while ago. We leave tomorrow :D and I hope the seas stay calm and we get to Coco Cay. We missed it last year due to Hannah. The Majesty is our favorite for our 4 day trips, and we think Captain Bjorn and his crew are great.

Glad you are trying RCCL. We are trying Carnival for the first time next year. We may be back to RCCL, but just couldn't pass up Carnival's prices!

Hey Thanks for responding. Sounds like a really nice ship and we have always wanted to try RCCL and excited about trying it out.

Hi to you all! Just posted my review and waiting for it to be published. I wanted to include photos, but DH nor I can figure out how to insert them into the review with the software we have available. Hopefully we'll come up with a way soon. We'll keep trying! Anyway, my review is long, but I hope if you read it, you enjoy it. We had a great time!

Yes, the shows are still Signed Sealed Delivered, Boogie Wonderland, a juggler named Ivan Pecel, and a comedian named Steve Bruner. The cruise director is Drew Devine. We went on an excursion with Tiffany, one of the singer/dancers. She was really nice. We Segwayed with her.:D

Did Ivan do the bit where he calls up two volunteers and teaches them to juggle.........using plastic grocery bags?

Hi to you all! Just posted my review and waiting for it to be published. I wanted to include photos, but DH nor I can figure out how to insert them into the review with the software we have available. Hopefully we'll come up with a way soon. We'll keep trying! Anyway, my review is long, but I hope if you read it, you enjoy it. We had a great time!

Read your review.;) Very good; the Segway tour on Nassau sounds like alot of fun.

Enjoy your cruise on the Victory! Never have been on it but it should be nice.

Hi everyone! Just got back from our 9-7 sailing on the Majesty and had to check in. Once again, we had great weather and even got to Coco Cay and it was wonderful. The seas were so calm you could not even tell the ship was moving. :D

Did Ivan do the bit where he calls up two volunteers and teaches them to juggle.........using plastic grocery bags?

Our juggler was Michael James. He was very funny and had a petite female guest come up on stage. He had her get on his shoulders and he rode a unicycle and did a couple tricks with her on his shoulders....what a hoot. He also did a ladder trick which was also quite funny.

Archived