Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Can't open your main site....

I know dobie, there was a server problem this past Saturday through parts of yesterday. Something to do with an NMA Server being down and having to be replaced and rebooted. Not quite sure what a NMA server is, but from what I can search on google, it has something to do with the Domain Name Server... Maybe one of our techies more experiened than me can explain better.

BUT, that is why I created the Back up site on Sunday, so we will always be able to get into the site.

The URL for the back up is http://abqreunion2008.com/

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

I know dobie, there was a server problem this past Saturday through parts of yesterday. Something to do with an NMA Server being down and having to be replaced and rebooted. Not quite sure what a NMA server is, but from what I can search on google, it has something to do with the Domain Name Server... Maybe one of our techies more experiened than me can explain better.

BUT, that is why I created the Back up site on Sunday, so we will always be able to get into the site.

The URL for the back up is http://abqreunion2008.com/

Joanie

The Domain Name Server is the server used to determine the physical address of the URL you are searching for. Once found most cache the data so a new search isn't performed every time some looks up a URL. This is why you can put in a 'readable' name in your browser rather than a list of numbers (ie. 1.212.999, etc.)

The Domain Name Server is the server used to determine the physical address of the URL you are searching for. Once found most cache the data so a new search isn't performed every time some looks up a URL. This is why you can put in a 'readable' name in your browser rather than a list of numbers (ie. 1.212.999, etc.)

Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense to me now. I think.:)

Joanie

Thanks, I don't understand any of this server stuff. I looked at the backup site. The pics and info are great. Thank you so much for undertaking this. We are going on our first HAL cruise on the Zuiderdam on Oct 24 and we're in a large inside cabin 1123. I've seen similar pics on Rev Neal's website and it looks great, so we're excited. I'll be sure to send you pics of ours and my mom's stateroom (unknown as of now) when we get back.

Thanks, I don't understand any of this server stuff. I looked at the backup site. The pics and info are great. Thank you so much for undertaking this. We are going on our first HAL cruise on the Zuiderdam on Oct 24 and we're in a large inside cabin 1123. I've seen similar pics on Rev Neal's website and it looks great, so we're excited. I'll be sure to send you pics of ours and my mom's stateroom (unknown as of now) when we get back.

dobie, Thank you so much!!! If you'd take the stateroom photos of shots you'd like to have seen when you were researching what stateroom/cabin to choose, that would be awesome:)

Joanie

I just wanted to say how cool your little website is for looking at photos of the cabins! I look at it all the time!!

I will be going on my first cruise ever in November on the Westerdam, I don't know what cabin we'll be in, it's one of those guarantee things which I don't quite get. (The trip is a gift so I have done none of the booking) All I know is that we'll be in a cabin with a verandah. I will try to get some pics to email you:)

Thanks for all your efforts:)

I just wanted to say how cool your little website is for looking at photos of the cabins! I look at it all the time!!

I will be going on my first cruise ever in November on the Westerdam, I don't know what cabin we'll be in, it's one of those guarantee things which I don't quite get. (The trip is a gift so I have done none of the booking) All I know is that we'll be in a cabin with a verandah. I will try to get some pics to email you:)

Thanks for all your efforts:)

Thank You:) I love going to it each day and either adding photos to it or any other info that might be helpful to all of us.

If you have any ideas that would make things easier for you let me know, and I will see what I can do. Heck, one CC member mentioned to me that she could not find a back button so I added a Back to the Main Page link on each page, just one example of the little things that can make a big difference.

Anyway, I will look forward to any and all photos you can send. Just remember to make them photos of what YOU would be looking for when you see a stateroom/cabin photo:)

Joanie

Joanie,

You are amazing. Hope you noticed how all the finger wagging and tsk-tsking of the early pages have been replaced with heartfelt gratitude from

all of us watching and waiting to see if "our" room number comes up. Fingers

crossed someone will send BA 220 or 205. We've booked one too and would

love to see just what that balcony looks like. Have a great weekend.

margretha:cool:

Joanie,

You are amazing. Hope you noticed how all the finger wagging and tsk-tsking of the early pages have been replaced with heartfelt gratitude from

all of us watching and waiting to see if "our" room number comes up. Fingers

crossed someone will send BA 220 or 205. We've booked one too and would

love to see just what that balcony looks like. Have a great weekend.

margretha:cool:

margretha, Thank you:) Are you Bob's wife? I ask because he is also looking for the same cabin photos. I have his email and will let him know as soon as I get any

I tend to be hard headed and thick skinned, so all the finger wagging and naysayers did not deter me. BUT, all of you who give your photos and encouragement have made it so worthwhile for this project to mature and will keep it maturing!! In fact, last night, I got even more photos of one of the Ryndam cabins, just prior to the CC member heading to the airport to catch his next cruise on the Eurodam:-))

It is KUDOS for all the CC members who have and are continuing to send their photos, links to the photo albums and descriptions of them that are and will continue to make this a success!!

THANK YOU ALL!!

Joane

No, I'm married to Chris. We've booked

for next July so wonder what it will be

like. I can hardly get time to answer email

and yet here you are, forging on with pictures

and all. I am always in awe of people who can

do what you can do. I'm still trying to figure

out how to get a time clack or something on

my replies. And the CC-er who has the "Never

underestimate the..." responses with the

hysterical photographs and captions???:eek: Way

out of my league.

margretha

No, I'm married to Chris. We've booked

for next July so wonder what it will be

like. I can hardly get time to answer email

and yet here you are, forging on with pictures

and all. I am always in awe of people who can

out of my league.

margretha

LOL, I have nothing but time on my hands and no other life away from the computer and cruising (or planning on a cruise) So....

I will do my best to get you and the other CC member Bob, the photos of the cabins you are looking for..

I wish I could help you out in getting the cruise clocks to work for you. But I kind of lucked out. I will leave that for one of our other thechies to assist you with that. There are those so good at doing them:)

Joanie

Since you are always planning cruises...we booked ours through our reliable

online TA at a large agency. Heard from her today: price dropped $4000.!!!!

and we obviously don't have a suite. Either it was optimistically high when we

booked in June or we're going out a buy a lottery ticket. Many others on this

July Maasdam cruise also indicate calls for price drops. Maybe you could join us? margretha

July Maasdam cruise also indicate calls for price drops. Maybe you could join us? margretha

Man oh Man!! What a great price!! But, unfortunately, we cannot take advantage of it. But the reasons are good!!

Our daughter, Granddaughter and son in law will be coming to visit us for a couple of weeks in June and we are going to be doing a road trip of the Southwest while they are here.

We only get to see them once a year, normally at Christmas, so this extra time with them will be special. And since my son in law refuses to cruise, we have to stay with land tours.

Joanie

I am always in awe of people who can

out of my league.

margretha

For a countdown clock - go to the top of the page, just under the Cruise Critic logo. There is a link titled "countdown clocks". Click on it. Pick a photo, choose a ship from the drop-down list, ad any message you want, and select your sail date. When done - click "create countdown" at bottom of page.

I see others with a different countdown clock that looks better, I am not sure where they get those.

Margretha,

We are two couples considering the Maasdam cruise in July out of Boston. I love the idea that the prices are being reduced - would you mind telling me what category of cabin you booked?

Thank you

Marilyn

Good Morning everyone.

I am still searching for photos of the Maasdam Staterooms/Cabins and descriptions for 2 Cruise Critic Members.

I've also received a request for Statendam Photos and descriptions from another CC member.

Also, yesterday someone mentioned how nice it would be to have the approximate dimensions and possibly the layout of the various staterooms...

I quote:

"It is interesting that all of HAL's literature list outside

double HH and DD as being 197 square feet. We found

out the hard way that our DD was smaller than the D

which is probably 197 sq ft---DD was similar to your

cabin. Since then I have been searching for an

adequate sq ft of each cabin on each cruise ship and

not just HAL. You would think someone would invent a

web site similar to seat guru for cruising. I can't be the

only one who is interest in this type of information. They could even list things like, noise from the lounge,

anchors, laundry room besides the size--like seat guru

who tells you that this is not a good place to sit."

Unquote

I think this would be a great idea to add to the HAL Staterooms/Cabins pages along with a clickable deck plan for each deck.

BUT to do this I need your help again!! If any of you could send me the info for the Staterooms/Cabins that you've stayed in, including Verandah Depths etc... I'd be most appreciative.

Joanie

When my husband and I booked our upcoming cruise, our TA called HAL to find out about available inside cabins. HAL told her the square footage of several individual cabins, and we used that info to help make our decision. We also emailed HAL, and Ship Services promptly confirmed the size, as well as provided answers to other questions. Perhaps HAL would help you with collecting this info?

Really appreciate all the work you are doing on your website. It's certainly going to help many people, and certainly increases anticipation of future cruises.

I eagerly await to see photos of inside I cabins on Vista class ships!

When my husband and I booked our upcoming cruise, our TA called HAL to find out about available inside cabins. HAL told her the square footage of several individual cabins, and we used that info to help make our decision. We also emailed HAL, and Ship Services promptly confirmed the size, as well as provided answers to other questions. Perhaps HAL would help you with collecting this info?

Really appreciate all the work you are doing on your website. It's certainly going to help many people, and certainly increases anticipation of future cruises.

I eagerly await to see photos of inside I cabins on Vista class ships!

CanadianLoveCruise, thank you very much, but without our fellow CC members I could not do this:)

Question for you... The square footages that your TA was given are those the same ones listed as a generality for the specific category?

Such as

Large or Standard Interior Staterooms

Category: I, J, K, L, M, MM, N, NN Approximately 182 sq. ft

If they are different, then I can call my HAL PCC and see if she can send it to me so I can add the footages to the staterooms. That would definitely save lots of wait time and asking everyone to take a tape measure with them:D

Joanie

Good Morning everyone.

I am still searching for photos of the Maasdam Staterooms/Cabins and descriptions for 2 Cruise Critic Members.

I've also received a request for Statendam Photos and descriptions from another CC member.

Also, yesterday someone mentioned how nice it would be to have the approximate dimensions and possibly the layout of the various staterooms...

I quote:

"It is interesting that all of HAL's literature list outside

double HH and DD as being 197 square feet. We found

out the hard way that our DD was smaller than the D

which is probably 197 sq ft---DD was similar to your

cabin. Since then I have been searching for an

adequate sq ft of each cabin on each cruise ship and

not just HAL. You would think someone would invent a

web site similar to seat guru for cruising. I can't be the

only one who is interest in this type of information. They could even list things like, noise from the lounge,

anchors, laundry room besides the size--like seat guru

who tells you that this is not a good place to sit."

Unquote

I think this would be a great idea to add to the HAL Staterooms/Cabins pages along with a clickable deck plan for each deck.

BUT to do this I need your help again!! If any of you could send me the info for the Staterooms/Cabins that you've stayed in, including Verandah Depths etc... I'd be most appreciative.

Joanie

Joanie,

That was my quote---not sure what thread. How would we go about figuring out the size of a cabin? I realize that most are the same size, but as we found out not all.

The sofa in the DD was smaller as I recall and faced the windows. In the D's the sofa faced the aft of the ship.

We always take pictures of the room, as I find them. I will try to attach and send.

Joanie,

That was my quote---not sure what thread. How would we go about figuring out the size of a cabin? I realize that most are the same size, but as we found out not all.

The sofa in the DD was smaller as I recall and faced the windows. In the D's the sofa faced the aft of the ship.

We always take pictures of the room, as I find them. I will try to attach and send.

Sharon, short of taking a measuring tape with us on our cruises... I really do not know. Unless, if a TA or a HAL PCC has those dimensions or even one of our own members...

If I get the stateroom dimensions I can do the rest easily. Give me something to do besides play games at Pogo.

And Believe me I look forward to your photos:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

CanadianLoveCruise, thank you very much, but without our fellow CC members I could not do this:)

Question for you... The square footages that your TA was given are those the same ones listed as a generality for the specific category?

Such as

Large or Standard Interior Staterooms

Category: I, J, K, L, M, MM, N, NN Approximately 182 sq. ft ... Joanie

Joanie, I think that our TA was given the actual square footage of the cabins because they were not the approximate sizes given in HAL literature. For instance, she was provided with two different measurements for two Category I cabins. The difference between HAL literature and the number provided directly from the HAL rep was significant (approx 50 sq ft); that is why I sent an email to verify the info. I thought that our TA might have heard wrong, or that the HAL rep made an error; apparently this was not the case because I got the exact same sq ft from Ship Services.

I would guess that HAL has a database that includes the sq ft of their cabins, and that it is readily available. (Our TA was given the info in one quick phone call.) Hopefully it's accurate, because we are really looking forward to our large cabin!

Joanie, I think that our TA was given the actual square footage of the cabins because they were not the approximate sizes given in HAL literature. For instance, she was provided with two different measurements for two Category I cabins. The difference between HAL literature and the number provided directly from the HAL rep was significant (approx 50 sq ft); that is why I sent an email to verify the info. I thought that our TA might have heard wrong, or that the HAL rep made an error; apparently this was not the case because I got the exact same sq ft from Ship Services.

I would guess that HAL has a database that includes the sq ft of their cabins, and that it is readily available. (Our TA was given the info in one quick phone call.) Hopefully it's accurate, because we are really looking forward to our large cabin!

OK, I've just emailed my HAL PCC and asked for her help with the square footage of each Stateroom on each Ship.

Hopefully I will hear back from her soon:)

Joanie