Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Has anyone been on the Zuiderdam in one of the large QUAD inside rooms? They have a queen bed, a sofa bed and an upper bed. It would be nice to see some photos of this. The room number would be J1049 or J1059 or similar.

I have just looked at the photos and description of a K category stateroom that I have photos of on the Zuiderdam and campared tme with the deck plans for the J staterooms you ask about. The K stateroom is smaller than the J. If you'd like to see the photos and description are here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Zuiderdam/index.html stateroom is the first one K 1123.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Has anyone been on the Zuiderdam in one of the large QUAD inside rooms? They have a queen bed, a sofa bed and an upper bed. It would be nice to see some photos of this. The room number would be J1049 or J1059 or similar.

On Main Deck? I've been in these cabins on the Noordam and the E-dam. What would you like to know about them?

Just an FYI that alot of photos and videos have been added to the various HAL ships pages.

Just uploaded some new photos this morning of the Rotterdam and in the past week, Westerdam, Eurodam, Noordam, Prinsendam, Rotterdam and the Veendam.

Joanie

Just an FYI that alot of photos and videos have been added to the various HAL ships pages.

Just uploaded some new photos this morning of the Rotterdam and in the past week, Westerdam, Eurodam, Noordam, Prinsendam, Rotterdam and the Veendam.

Joanie

Hi Joanne

Sorry if this is a silly question but I can only bring up photos of the cabin layouts as already shown on the Holland website

I am interested in any photos of S024 if available how do I get to look at the actual photos of these cabins or have I misunderstood what is available on your site

Thanks for all your help

Hi Joanne

Sorry if this is a silly question but I can only bring up photos of the cabin layouts as already shown on the Holland website

I am interested in any photos of S024 if available how do I get to look at the actual photos of these cabins or have I misunderstood what is available on your site

Thanks for all your help

No such thing as a silly question, only silly answers!!

That said, I have a couple of ships with no photos of them yet:( And most of the Video pages are also lacking:(

Which ships in particular are you interested in? And is the problem with ALL of the HAL ships pages or just a couple such as the Statendam and Nieuw Amsterdam?

Joanie

I have probably missed how to do it, but we have room SY 5001 on the Zuiderdam which is an accessible room. We have been on a Disney with an accessible room, but this is our first HAL Cruise. We really have no clue how things work on HAL, but my husband always wanted to do a Panama Canal Cruise, so we should have a great trip. Any help, pictures, or advice are always appreciated.

Peg

I have probably missed how to do it, but we have room SY 5001 on the Zuiderdam which is an accessible room. We have been on a Disney with an accessible room, but this is our first HAL Cruise. We really have no clue how things work on HAL, but my husband always wanted to do a Panama Canal Cruise, so we should have a great trip. Any help, pictures, or advice are always appreciated.

Peg

Hi Peg,

Let me start by asking if you have done, or requested a SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS INFORMATION (SRI) FORM from HAL or your TA? That is an ALL IMPORTANT Document!!!! Here is the phone number if you need it to get one: ACCESS & COMPLIANCE AT (800) 547-8493. You can also email them at: halw_access@hollandamerica.com

There are 4 HAL ships that fall into the Vista Class, which Zuiderdam being one of them. What this means is that photos of the staterooms will be very similar to each other.

The Handicapped staterooms have lots of room for wheel chairs and scooters to move around in. You have easy access to the bathroom with no tub. The bathroom has a drain in the floor for the fold down shower seat and a shower curtain for privacy. Others have said they had water from the shower soak their carpet in the stateroom, BUT I DID NOT!! The floor sloped slightly for proper drainage. There was only one sink and one small mirror in the bathroom along with the commode.

A side note: I did not have as large a stateroom as yours so at night (we were on the Oosterdam, midship) I kept my scooter in the shower area in the bathroom so that we did not trip over it in the main part of the stateroom during the middle of the night.

The access to the wrap around verandah is easy to get to and through. As you can see from the Zuiderdam SC 6166 photos, the verandahs are quite spacious.

That said, here are some pages with photos of the staterooms for you to view, along with descriptions from fellow Cruise Critic Members:

This one is a different category (admittedly) than yours but is similar in the layout. This one is at the aft (read) of the ship and yours is in the fore (front) This one also has Neptune Lounge Access, your stateroom is an SY or Superior Verandah with no access to the Neptune Lounge.

Zuiderdam SC 6166 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/index.html

This one, while a higher category looks to be smaller (possibly it is just the layout makes it look smaller) than your stateroom.

Noordam SC 5191 Deluxe Verandah Suite Stateroom Deck 5 Verandah Deck

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/index.html

My thoughts are that you will be totally satisfied and happy with your choice of stateroom and its location:)

Let me know if you have any other questions ok??

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Thanks for you great information about the rooms. I did fill out the handicapped form for HAL and faxed it to them and got confirmation that they received it. For some reason, I thought our SY 5001 room was in the middle of the ship, but this has it at the back of the ship which is great. It looks like we will love the room. The location is just like the one we had on the Disney Magic in June.

I know I will have tons of questions, but not sure what they are yet.

Thanks for everything and when we get there, I will take plenty of pictures for you.

Peg

Thanks for you great information about the rooms. I did fill out the handicapped form for HAL and faxed it to them and got confirmation that they received it. For some reason, I thought our SY 5001 room was in the middle of the ship, but this has it at the back of the ship which is great. It looks like we will love the room. The location is just like the one we had on the Disney Magic in June.

I know I will have tons of questions, but not sure what they are yet.

Thanks for everything and when we get there, I will take plenty of pictures for you.

Peg

Glad to be of help Peg!! Any questions, I am here to try and help!! And THANK YOU!!! Any ad all photos of the staterooms and views are appreciated along with the descriptions, good and bad.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

For some reason, I thought our SY 5001 room was in the middle of the ship, but this has it at the back of the ship which is great.

Peg, that cabin is as far forward on the ship as that deck allows. It's not aft.

That location is likely to get more motion than mid-ship, or even aft. Since you have an accessible cabin it might not be possible to select a different area, but it may be worth looking at if the motion of the ocean is a concern.

Thanks to RevNeal, I have just spent a number of very happy hours of Uploading NEW Stateroom photos for quite a number of the HAL Ships!!!

You will be able to tell which are the new Photos by the main page having Cabin Photos Added 12-24-2009

There are also some really helpful descriptions to go along with the photos he provided.

Thank you RevNeal!!!!!

I've also added photos of the Eurodam's Lido Cabanas and The Retreat so that we can better understand what is being discussed about them.

Joanie

Joanie,

I don't know what you mean we will have no access to Neptune Lounge, because truthfully, I don't even know what Neptune Lounge is. Could you please explain. The write up on Holland America's website also said 1 touch telephone concierge service. I hate to admit, I am not sure what that means either. We have also had rooms with verandah's but never had concierge service..

Thanks again for your help.

Peg

Joanie,

I don't know what you mean we will have no access to Neptune Lounge, because truthfully, I don't even know what Neptune Lounge is. Could you please explain. The write up on Holland America's website also said 1 touch telephone concierge service. I hate to admit, I am not sure what that means either. We have also had rooms with verandah's but never had concierge service..

Thanks again for your help.

Peg

Peg, The Neptune Lounge is a special section (totally enclosed with wooden (I think Mohagany) walls and 2 locked entrances in the middle of the ship. It is like a private retreat with Concierge (a Special Ship Assistant) for the Penthouse and Deluxe Suite Staterooms only.

Here are some photos of the Neptune Lounge on Noordam (near the bottom of the page): http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/index.html

The Neptune Lounge on the Zuiderdam is for passengers in PS - Penthouse, SA, SB, SC - Deluxe Verandah Suite Staterooms.

HAL's descriptions of Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Staterooms Category: VA, VB, VC, VD, VE, VF, V, Superior Verandah Staterooms Category: SS, SY, SZ and the Deluxe Verandah Suite Staterooms Category: SA, SB, SC can be extremely confusing for new/fairly new cruisers.

One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is also confusing to me!! I think what it means is that if you call at any time, night or day, they will answer... It may mean something else, but I do not know what I am sorry...

I did not mean to imply anything with my comment about you not having the Neptune Lounge access, please believe me!! I just did not want the different stateroom categories to confuse you, as it did me when we first heard about it.

Joanie

Joanie,

No problem, definitely no offense. I sort of thought that the Neptune Lounge must be for the Deluxe and above rooma and for the SY room we get to call for help, but not have a room to go to. That is fine. I'm just thrilled to be going on the cruise. My husband is still in rehab from his knee replacement so this trip gives him plenty of incentive to get walking better. He will always some some walking issues, but the new knee should really make life easier. I just really appreciate all your help.

Thanks again,

Peg

Joanie,

No problem, definitely no offense. I sort of thought that the Neptune Lounge must be for the Deluxe and above rooma and for the SY room we get to call for help, but not have a room to go to. That is fine. I'm just thrilled to be going on the cruise. My husband is still in rehab from his knee replacement so this trip gives him plenty of incentive to get walking better. He will always some some walking issues, but the new knee should really make life easier. I just really appreciate all your help.

Thanks again,

Peg

Joanie is doing a happy dance:D Seriously though, I am glad that I've been able to help:)

I'm with you, THRILLED to be cruising:D Believe me, I understand the mobility issues. I have a bad back and have problems. So I know....

Joanie

Joanie: Just me, Judy. Being 'in' with a cold:( and lots of snow....more time for CruiseCritic. Just exploring and found this thread. Your doing such a great job; considering you just started this in September??? Can't believe how much you have accomplished. Wish you did have more cruise lines tho:D. We did the Eurodam 2008 Inaugural Season. If I have any pics

downloaded; I'll send you some. I know your loyal to

HAL; but 'some' of the other Lines are really nice. Only two cruise lines that we don't really like; don't sail them anymore. Keep up the good work....I already told my cruising buddies about your site.:D

Joanie: Just me, Judy. Being 'in' with a cold:( and lots of snow....more time for CruiseCritic. Just exploring and found this thread. Your doing such a great job; considering you just started this in September??? Can't believe how much you have accomplished. Wish you did have more cruise lines tho:D. We did the Eurodam 2008 Inaugural Season. If I have any pics

downloaded; I'll send you some. I know your loyal to

HAL; but 'some' of the other Lines are really nice. Only two cruise lines that we don't really like; don't sail them anymore. Keep up the good work....I already told my cruising buddies about your site.:D

Hi again Judy,

I am so glad you like the site. I have been working dilligently to keep it updated and new goodies uploaded for all the ships. I just uploaded new goodies for the Westerdam and Zuiderdam today. In the last week I think I have uploaded stuff for Eurodam, Volendam and Zaandam.

I still have all the other ships to do. I'm trying to get everything up and running before I leave on our cruise in a little over a month.

As to doing other cruise lines.... MAN, that would be a heck of a job and not sure if I'm up to doing all of them also:eek:

OK time to go post on the Main board for help with 2 questions...

1. Which HAL ship has the Rembrandt Show Lounge

2. Which HAL ship has Polar Bears on the Lido Midship Pool

Joanie

FYI....We have been on many HAL cruises, but never on the Vista class ships. We recently, took a Noordam cruise, in an SS connecting cabin. If you care about closet space the connecting cabins are not the ones to book. All we had was one single hanging closet about 20" wide, and there was some hanging space under the safe, but my husbands shirts had to be tucked under to fit.....not good. The door for the connecting cabin is where the usual closet space would be.

FYI....We have been on many HAL cruises, but never on the Vista class ships. We recently, took a Noordam cruise, in an SS connecting cabin. If you care about closet space the connecting cabins are not the ones to book. All we had was one single hanging closet about 20" wide, and there was some hanging space under the safe, but my husbands shirts had to be tucked under to fit.....not good. The door for the connecting cabin is where the usual closet space would be.

I'll try to find out on the Westerdam in a couple of weeks, and get photos of the various closets for the different categories. I never even considered that. But our closets had shelves that were easily removable. But again, not an SY on either of our Vista ships. One Category was VF other was SA. I will try to get photos.

Joanie

Just wondering,,which cabin is our. I am looking at the front of the ship and it show 3 rows of verandah cabins above the deck before the glassed in area. Which row up from the front deck is where cabin 5001 would be? My husband asked me and I really am not sure.

Thanks again,

Peg

Just wondering,,which cabin is our. I am looking at the front of the ship and it show 3 rows of verandah cabins above the deck before the glassed in area. Which row up from the front deck is where cabin 5001 would be? My husband asked me and I really am not sure.

Thanks again,

Peg

Peg, I have the Front of the ship photo now with your Stateroom Deck 5 SY 5001 Circled in Red. I think what might have been confusing is that the bridge is on Deck 8 and the Crow's Nest is on Deck 10. Sometimes looking at the photos we get the 2 spots switched around.

Here is the photo For_PegIra.jpg.72a58c6af7d400e9723d8bca12bd619d.jpg If you need a larger view, I've put one up for you here:

http://abqreunion2008.com/Zuiderdam/For_PegIra.jpg

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Joanie,

Thank you ever so much, that is exactly what I wanted to know. I am really looking forward to this trip and you have made the anticipation even better.

Thanks again,

Peg

That is my objective, to help where and with whatever is needed. Glad I was able to help Peg!!

Joanie